《 22 》

After I heard him, I shared a look with Angelo who's eyebrows furrowed when Mateo ran in after the man, a small trail of blood going down his lip

After I heard him, I shared a look with Angelo who's eyebrows furrowed when Mateo ran in after the man, a small trail of blood going down his lip. Before any of them did anything else, I barely placed down the glass of wine before placing my hand on my knee, sliding it up until it reached underneath my thigh and grabbed the gun that was strapped to it.

When I looked back up, I saw how Angelo had his eyes on me, before focusing on pulling his gun out of his waistband. Once he made sure his gun was loaded, he turned to me. "Miss Díaz, meet me down at the garage. Kill anyone who tries to attack you, because my men certainly won't." He said before leaving the room, practically running out.

I quickly turned to Mateo, who was too busy glaring at the exit. "Hey," Was all I said, before grabbing a napkin from a nearby table. When his attention fell on me, I wiped the blood off his lip and chin.

We both froze once the sound of gunfire was starting to be heard, and the lights flickering until they turned off, leaving us in the dark room whose only form lightning was the moonlight coming through the glass window. Before leaving the office, I made sure to check it before running out behind Mateo into the hallway, where the sound was starting to get louder.

"Gabriella, this way." He said, motioning towards the balcony.

"Okay, are you out of your mind? What do you want us to do, stand there and shoot or just get shot?" I snapped back, watching how his jaw clenched. "We're supposed to go to the garage-"

"Listen, I don't trust him, but fine, we'll try to get there. You think I didn't study this place's exits?" He cut me off, taking a step closer to me. He's really taking the older brother thing seriously- honestly, whatever.

His eyes widened when he apparently thought I was gonna shoot him when I raised my gun and aimed it his way, but actually shot a visible figure that approached him from behind before they could do anything to him. "...Okay, let's actually get out of here-"

I cut him off by sprinting towards the balcony and pushing the doors open. I realized why Mateo told me to come this way when I saw a staircase that led down to the side of the driveway, along with a path that led further down, and stopped at the garage door.

"Up there!" I heard someone shout, and looked down to see a bunch of masked men hurrying inside the house and up the stairs with their weapons drawn.

"Gabriella, watch out!" Mateo yelled at me when he stepped in the doorway, shooting at a bunch of people that attempted to approach us. My eyes narrowed when I reminded myself that Angelo's men all have a blue symbol on their uniforms, and mine a red one.

I turned my attention back to those who approached me through the stairs, and I was quick to aim my gun at them, one by one shooting them and causing them to fall down onto a pile at the end of the staircase. Once the path was clear, I ran down and made sure to avoid the bodies.