《 33 》

Both Angelo and I froze when Denise opened the door, with Xavier behind her

Both Angelo and I froze when Denise opened the door, with Xavier behind her. Xavier's jaw had dropped and Denise looked like she had seen a ghost.

"Are we... interrupting something?" Xavier asked as he leaned against the doorframe with wide, awkward eyes.

"No. You aren't." I blurted after I placed both of my hands on Angelo's chest and pushed him off me. Denise just gave me a "seriously?" look while Xavier was chewing on the inside of his cheek while staring at Angelo.

"It's not what you think..." I sighed. "Just forget about it and let's go check on that clip." I motioned towards the door with my hand, attempting to avoid the awkward moment.

"Yes, it's better than checking on whatever was going on in here..." Denise muttered as she and Xavier stepped aside to let Angelo and me through. As I walked past Denise, she leaned over. "I'm going to find out what were y'all up to." I could hear the mischievousness in her tone as she whispered on my ear.

"Fuck off! Since when are you so nosy?" I whisper shouted back. Angelo nor Xavier heard because they both took the lead walking while Denise and I followed.

"Since I taught myself how to hack bitches." She snapped with what looked like an "I'm crazy" smile.

I rolled my eyes before paying attention to the two in front of us who had stopped to enter the office. As soon as we were all inside, we sat on each of our chairs.

Denise grabbed Xavier's laptop and placed it on the desk so it'd face Angelo and me. "Okay, so, I suppose this is the clip you were all looking for." She said before she pressed play. My eyebrows furrowed as I attentively began to watch.

At first, it showed nothing but an empty gate with no one around. Around ten seconds later, a black LaFerrari sped up to the gate and parked in front of it. A man stepped out with his mouth and nose covered by a black mask. He pulled out the envelope we had in our hands earlier from his blazer and left it on the gate. After, he got back in the car and disappeared onto the road.

"Wait. Denise, can you rewind it a bit?" I asked, while pointing to the screen. "I want you to stop when he turns the car around and zoom in. Maybe we can track it down by the license plate."

"She's got a point there." Angelo agreed as Denise began to rewind the clip.

"HTI632..." Xavier muttered after he grabbed a pen and wrote the license number down on his palm.

But both Denise and I were in another sort of confusion. Her blue eyes gave me a suspicious look that matched mine. "Is that..."

"Everything alright ladies?" Angelo asked after noticing the tension we were both in.

"I think it is. Those digits are the exact same..." I grumbled, ignoring Angelo's question as I examined the screen.

Both Xavier and Angelo looked puzzled; so I decided to clarify. "Listen, by the time we were in Vegas, I owned a black LaFerrari, just like this one. What's bothering me is that the license plate is the exact same. Plus, during the incident with Hale, the car's brakes stopped functioning and it crashed into a fuel truck."