《 19 》

After stepping out of the car, me and Mateo walked towards Nathan, Isabella and Denise

After stepping out of the car, me and Mateo walked towards Nathan, Isabella and Denise. We all wore a black bandana that covered our mouth and nose, along with an earpiece, just in case.

"Quite the crowd over there don't you think?" Nathan said, looking to the side. I estimated that at least two hundred people were around, just for the races. As I response I nodded, following his gaze.

"Alright, who's racing alone?" Asked Mateo. We all shared a few looks, until I broke the silence.

"Alright, I will. Now you four, pair up." I pointed my finger towards them. Denise shrugged, before leaning over to Isabella's ear and whispering something, causing her eyes to light up. Mateo looked over to Nathan, before they did the "bro thing" and walked off towards Nathan's car.

Without saying anything else, I turned around and began to walk over to the host. "Hello beautiful ma'am, you here to bet on these gents?" He asked, motioning towards two men that were about to race.

"Actually, I'm here to sign up, along with my family." I replied, earning a confused look from him. Grumbling under my breath, I rotated my body to the side, allowing him to get a clear view of Denise, Nathan and I's cars. The other two pairs stood right in front of the cars, just keeping an eye on me.

"Well would you look at those..." He trailed off, putting on his glasses to get a much clearer view. "Three vehicles, your turns would be third, fourth and fifth. We're currently starting with the first." He added, sending me a grin. My expression remained cold, before I turned around and walked back to the group.

"Our turns would be third, fourth and fifth." I said, leaning against my car before I asked "So, who's going first?"

"We are." Said Mateo, who hooked an arm over Nathan's shoulders.

I looked over to Isabella and Denise. "I can go last if you'd like." After a small moment, they both nodded in agreement.

. . .

"Mateo, Nathan, you're up." I called out, before they both got in Nathan's car and approached the starting line.

Beside them pulled up another pair of men. One of them was smoking, and threw the cigarette so it fell on top of Nathan's car's bonnet. If looks could kill, Nathan's glare would've already gotten the man six feet under. One thing I've learned is that if you want to stay on Nathan's good side, respect the car.

Both the cars' engines began revving as soon as a woman stepped between the two, holding a red piece of fabric on her hand, similar to a bandana. She earned a whistle from the other driver, causing Mateo to just roll his eyes.

As soon as she dropped to her knees, they both sped away, Nathan taking the lead by a few feet. I smirked behind the bandana I wore, once I saw how the car behind Nathan's puffed out a dark cloud of smoke. Someone didn't take care of their little vehicle-