《 4 》

I had to explain to the both of them what was going on before actually beginning to look around the house

I had to explain to the both of them what was going on before actually beginning to look around the house. Last time something like this happened, trust me, it didn't end well.

Pushing my parents' room door open, I scanned the room, entering the closet, where the picture had been taken. I stopped in my tracks, lowering my gun at what I saw next. "Isabella?"

She turned around, her green eyes staring back at me. "Why are you-" She looked down at the gun in my hand. "Mom's wedding dress. Where is it? Do you have it?" I looked down at her hand, noticing she was also holding a gun.

"How do you know I'm here for her wedding dress?" She shrugged, stepping closer to me as she pulled out her phone. I reluctantly grabbed it, searching her call history and messages. The exact same picture the number had sent me. "What'd the person say?"

"Some nonsense about making sure you didn't lose everything." She snatched the phone from my hands, looking at the picture. "No one ever enters this room except me and you, and I know for a fact the picture was taken right here." She pointed her finger towards the floor.

I looked over her shoulder. "And the dress is gone, isn't it?" Now everything is even more suspicious. Whoever it is, they managed to sneak past our security system undetected.

Isabella sighed, looking back at the closet. I followed her gaze, looking around. Spotting my mother's jewelry box, I stepped towards it, my fingers reaching for the delicate lock. After I opened it, I froze. Her jewelry, everything is intact. From her wedding ring, to a gorgeous pearl necklace. Now I really am confused. Who the hell just enters a room to steal a wedding dress, but doesn't even look at the jewelry, or other valuable items?

"Whoever it was, they only wanted the dress." Isabella stepped next to me as I motioned towards the jewelry box. Delicately, I closed the lid, placing the box back in its place.

"Boss. There's something you should see." Both mine and Isabella's head snapped in the door's direction, where Denise stood. Hesitantly, I gained composure, walking behind Isabella. I made sure to lock the door behind me, before following Denise out of the bedroom. My sister bumped into Denise's back as she stopped. "and Isabella, I might need your phone."

She shrugged, reluctantly pulling out her phone and handing it to Denise. Denise led us towards the security room, where Mateo and Nathan both stood.

"Look," She said as she sat down on a chair and pressed play. "There is nothing abnormal about today, no sign of intrusion or anything." The clips from today kept replaying, even one of the cameras caught the moment when I received the anonymous call, Isabella entering my parents' room first, and then me appearing through the hallway with my gun, entering their room. It just didn't make sense to me, how did anyone sneak in, take a picture of the dress and then steal it?

"Unless..." I crossed my arms over my chest, carefully eyeing the monitor. "Unless the dress wasn't stolen today." It's the only possible explanation. Just decided to tell us today. But the question is, who. "Denise, I want you to carefully watch through the past three days, notify me if anything seems out of place-"