《 52 》

"Are you sure you want to do this, Gabriella?" Isabella asked as I led her to the right wing of the mansion, where the dormitories of all the guards were, including the ones of the few maids that barely interfered

"Yes." I deadpanned, busy looking through each room's number until I stopped in front of the one that belonged to Aurora.

I secured my grip on my gun and then opened the door. Everything inside looked normal, until something caught my eye. There was a large, half-open red suitcase under her bed, and a light seemed to be coming from it.

"Be careful." Isabella warned as I pulled it out and set it on the bed.

Once I opened it, the room went silent at what laid inside. My mother's wedding dress - which had disappeared when we were back in Spain - was neatly folded inside the suitcase. On top of it was a phone that vibrated without end.

Since it was facing down, I hesitantly grabbed it and flipped it over to see who was calling. Isabella and I shared a look after the name Leonardo was seen on the screen.

"It's him..." I muttered under my breath, feeling the temptation to answer the call.

"Answer it but don't say anything. See what he says first." Isabella suggested, and only encouraged me to shrug in agreement and motion for her to keep quiet by crossing my finger over my lips.

When the two of us became silent, I answered the call.

"Ma'?! ¿Estás bien? Ten cuidado, por favor. Te juro que si te llegan a hacer algo les voy a romper los huesos uno por uno!" Leonardo seemed very agitated, and was clearly oblivious at the fact Aurora wasn't listening on the other side of the phone.

[ Are you okay? Be careful, please. I swear that if they do something to you I will break their bones one by one!]

There was a pause, and he spoke once again. "Mom?"

Isabella and I stood still and couldn't afford to move a muscle, because what if we made some sort of noise?

"Ma'? Por favor di algo..."

[Please say something...]

I could hear a long and heavy sigh on the other side, along with the sound of doors slamming. There were people speaking in the background but I couldn't measure out what they were saying.

"Carajo, tengo señal?" I heard Leonardo grumble under his breath, making Isabella roll her eyes.

[Fuck, do I have signal?]

Then, he hung up. Isabella snickered and crossed her arms over her chest. "I guess he hasn't stopped with his violent and dirty-mouthed attitude."

"Yeah, but he just made the worst mistake of his life." I raised an eyebrow and concluded.

"Wait, we could track down the number, along with the ones in the phone Angelo found." Isabella called out as she followed me out of Aurora's bedroom, with my mother's wedding dress in her hands.