《 3 》

I looked up to see Aurora, which jumped back as I startled her by pointing a gun her way

I looked up to see Aurora, which jumped back as I startled her by pointing a gun her way. She gripped the sides of her dress as her gaze fixed on the gun.

"Oh, perdón Aurora." I lowered the gun, placing it on the nightstand. A sigh left my lips as I sat up, facing her.

[Sorry]

"Sé que los extrañas. Yo también." She muttered as her expression softened, sitting closer to me while beginning to caress my arm. It's true, the whole place just wasn't the same. It didn't feel the same. Father's constant heavy steps around the mansion, or my mother's giggles of whenever he'd interrupt her cooking just to twirl her around and then leave for business. Gosh, even mom's forehead kisses when she'd sneak into me and Isabella's rooms at night. She'd pretend we were still babies and try to pull us in her lap, ignoring the fact we were all grown up already.

[I know you miss them. I do too.]

After a moment of silence, she spoke up. "Do you know what you are wearing for the Masquerade?" Her soft hand reached for mine. I traced the small wrinkles on it with my finger. I shook my head no as I kept tracing lines on her hand with my finger.

"I was thinking maybe one of my mother's gowns. They're amazing." I whispered, raising my head to look in the direction of my parents' walk-in closet. She hummed in response.

"Actually, let's not go in there," She motioned towards the closet. "I think it would be better if we left it untouched..." I watched her as she gave me a soft smile. The only light in the room was the lights from the hallway, since the door was mid-open.

"I'll figure something out." I let out a deep breath. "Goodnight Aurora." I muttered as I stood up from the bed.

As I closed the door to my room, I walked over to my walk-in closet. My fingers traced every single piece of clothing as I walked by, attempting to see if I had anything worthy of representing a whole Mafia. It was mostly black jackets, dress pants, maybe a few jeans and sweatpants, and a small amount of dresses. None of them attracted my attention, they seemed way too black.

With a defeated sigh, I walked out, grabbing my laptop as I plopped down on my bed. I began to look at dresses on the internet for what felt like forever. When I looked at the time, it was already 2am.

I shut the computer off, placing it on my nightstand. With a long yawn, I laid down.

. . .

While pouring myself a drink, I heard a knock on the door. "Come in."

Mateo opened the door, two large bags resting over his arm. "Denise got your dress for the Masquerade. Isabella's is also here." He placed them on my desk.

"You may go now." I dismissed him, grabbing the bags and following after him out of the office. He walked down the stairs as I knocked on Isabella's door. "Isabella?"