《 29 》

"Wait- what?" Isabella asked, clearly being caught off guard

"I'll explain later, just pack all of your belongings, get in your cars, and go to the airport." I instructed. She scoffed while Luciano, Nathan, Denise and Mateo looked at me in confusion. Noticing this, I decided to elaborate. "I spoke with D'Amico. There's an attack planned for tomorrow morning. We need to leave and meet him at the airport, I'll explain the rest once we're there."

"But like- pack everything?" Denise asked after downing the rest of her drink. I gave her an approving nod, and she reluctantly stood up, walking past me towards the stairs.

"Gabriella, can we talk?" Isabella said after the other three stood up, following after Denise. I agreed before she pulled me aside. "Look, I'm-" She paused, hesitating. "Sorry, about earlier..." The rest came out as a mumble, but I still managed to hear it.

I remained silent and shrugged before she continued. "On the other hand, are you out of your damn mind? We can't just leave! You know we still have to take care of the vineyard. Not to mention all the captives in the warehouse!" She began to rant, and I raised my hand to silence her.

"I'm going to take care of the captives. As for the vineyard, it will take years to get it back on it's feet- just they way it was before it was set ablaze." I explained.

"Okay, but what about mom and dad's things? They're still here y'know... we can't just leave those things behind." She muttered, crossing her arms over her chest.

"We could always keep them with us. But let's just go with the Italians, it's what's best for us." I sighed, motioning towards the foyer with my hand. We don't exactly know how many people could be coming to assault the place, and judging by the fact that they would've taken over the Italians' property if I hadn't brought some of my people along, we probably wouldn't stand a chance.

"Fine... Let's hurry up then." She said defeatedly, walking past me. At least she agreed?

. . .

Standing in my now empty closet felt odd, when I've always been used to seeing it filled with different types of clothes. I had already packed all my clothes, weapons, and even made sure to hide some of my parents' most prized possessions in one of my suitcases.

I finished my doing my hair, letting it fall over my shoulders with it's natural waves. Even though my stomach was growling, I decided to ignore the intense hunger I felt and threw a piece of gum in my mouth. I had switched my heels to a pair of black thigh-high ones, and added a black leather jacket over my dress. For some reason, I couldn't resist the urge to put on one of my mother's rings, so I did it.

Walking out of the closet, my eyes fell on the four suitcases that were placed by the door. Completely oblivious as to how I managed to fit everything into just four suitcases, I grabbed two of them in each hand, pulling them out of my room. When I did so, I stopped and looked down at my Rolex. 9pm, I just hope it's still not too late.