《 14 》

This is my fault

This is my fault.

Mine.

I immediately bolted towards her and gently helped her sit up. Mateo stood there, looking as if he had gotten stabbed right in his chest. He quickly snapped his fingers, the guards that stood outside turning around to face the now curious crowd and blocking the entrance. He ran up to Isabella, getting on his knees in front of her. His blazer was the first item he removed, placing it over her shoulders.

My sister just sat there with a numb expression. I pulled her closer to me as she laid her head on my chest.

I shouldn't have left my sister behind. I should've brought her with me. Hell, I shouldn't have cared about some damn jet! I could've stayed here, and protected her.

But I failed.

Beside the couch was a small coffee table which held a very expensive looking vase. As soon as Mateo stood up, he grabbed it and smashed it against a wall.

"Where is he Isabella." He gritted, veering over the both of us with a harsh glare. When she didn't respond, he took a deep breath and lowered himself until he was at her level. He looked at me, then back at her, lightly caressing her cheek with his thumb.

He turned to me, deciding not to pressure Isabella. "I'll go get Nathan, and some comfortable clothes for her." He muttered, standing up to his full height. I nodded.

After he left the room, I turned to Isabella, whose green eyes gave me a pleading look, as if she was about to cry. I pressed my lips on her forehead, running my fingers through her messed up hair soothingly. "I'm here now, don't worry, it's going to be okay..." I whispered as a small tear strolled down her already wet, bloody and bruised cheek.

My eyes slowly lit up once she raised her hand, pointing towards a door I hadn't noticed on the other side of the room. She began to sob, clinging onto me like her life depended on it.

Before I knew it, Mateo and Denise both came in. He held an AK-47 in his hands, and Denise carried a long white silk gown.

"Where's Nathan?" I asked, keeping my eye on Isabella as Denise sat beside her. She began to throw the gown over her shoulders, helping my sister with the long sleeves. The guards outside the room blocked the door in such way it looked like a barrier, where you couldn't see anything on the other side.

"He's on his way, he had to deal with D'Amico." He replied, turning around as both me and Denise helped Isabella stand up. Denise kneeled down, carefully cleaning some of the blood trails off my sister's legs with a handkerchief.

Right, I need a word with him, since he now probably has a clue about what happened over here, and I'm a witness over the incident back at the airport. At this point everything seemed to keep crashing down on me. The loss of my parents, the vineyard being consumed by flames, unknown calls and threats, valuable stolen objects, the Italian Mafia's leader demanding a talk with me since our situations are similar, and now... my baby sister getting raped by a poor excuse of a man, even less of a leader. What's next? Death? I think that would be a pretty good relief.