《 7 》

My father's rants could be heard from my room, where I stood in the mirror, fixing my tie

My father's rants could be heard from my room, where I stood in the mirror, fixing my tie. My mother quickly knocked before entering. She sighed, rolling her eyes. Her short blonde hair was adorned with beads, and so was her neck. She wore a sage green dress which reached a bit lower than her knees, and left her right shoulder completely revealed. "Questo vestito va bene?"

[Is this dress okay?]

"Sì madre, sei bellissima." I replied as I turned around, facing her. She smiled at my compliment, fixing her white gloves as she stepped closer to me. They say everyone has a soft spot, she is mine. My only weakness.

[Yes mother, you look beautiful.]

After a few moments, we both made our way down the stairs, my hands full with her suitcases. My father sat in his wheelchair, looking out the window, where one of our jets was getting prepared for our flight. He wore a tie matching my mother's dress. Blake appeared from the front door, clearing his throat. "Siamo pronti quando lo sei tu."

[We're ready when you are.]

I nodded in response, turning to my parents. Before I could open my mouth, Xiomara ran down the stairs, her suitcase slipping from her hands and landing at the end. She panted, fixing a few strands of her hair as she picked her suitcase back up. "I'm here."

The room stayed silent as we all looked at her. She froze. "Yeah uh- I'll be with Xavier" She muttered as she jogged out the door. My father rolled his eyes, before my mother slapped the back of his head. I cleared my throat.

"Mother, father. We should get going now." I motioned towards the door with my hand. My mother hummed as she stepped behind my father's wheelchair. Before she could begin to push him, he pushed her hands away, beginning to move the wheelchair on his own. I simply shrugged, grabbing one of my mother's bags on my way out.

I walked over to Xavier and Xiomara, who seemed to be arguing about something. Standing a few feet away from them, I managed to hear part of their argument. "Non ti ho chiesto di che colore sono i tuoi calzini, idiota! Faresti meglio a non far vedere a nessuno i tuoi calzini rosa o mi butto giù da un edificio." I turned my head to look at them, my brows furrowed. They're arguing about- socks?

[I didn't ask what color your socks are, idiot! You better not let anyone see your pink socks or I'll throw myself off a building.]

Xavier looked over her shoulder, showing me the amusement on his face. "Tanto vale mostrare a tutti i miei fantastici calzini rosa allora." He replied cockily, turning his attention to her. She groaned, stomping away before he snickered.

[I might as well show everyone my amazing pink socks then.]

I kept walking as if nothing had happened, handing all the bags to one of the men surrounding the jet. Both my parents loaded the jet before me, Blake, Xiomara and Xavier following closely behind.