OPENING

"I dont want to see you there ever again. Stop going to that wretched woman's house" William rounded the table advancing in his steps; determined in his actions. "She has become bad for you. You dont take me to be your husband anymore. You go out as you want and come back three hours before I arrive." He scratched his head and took her forth in his arms; holding each muscle with more pressure.

"Everything you do now is what she says and does. I swear she has poisoned your mind. Now you are no wife. You are a whore! With those earrings, red paint and clothes." He then turned her and forced her to a wall. "Look at what you have become. A working woman. I am your husband. I am the only one to fend for all of you." He pulled her head back by the hair and forced her in front of the mirror.

" And what is wrong with work. Aren't I a professional doctor?" Estella looked directly at him with a questioning glare.

"One that I can tame. Yes, you are but I need you not to work. Curse all that knowledge you carry. You are stupid and useless."He said with much force and aggressiveness.

"I have a right to work and be an active member of the family. What good am I if I just sit here all day despite the fact that my parents gave me the best education. Tell me William now. Did you not find me an independent beautiful woman? Did you not find me pretty with all my makeup and jewelry? What difference does it make now that I am your wife? TELL me!" Estella forced her way and faced him, spitting the words angrily at him.

" Dont act so brave with me woman! You hear? I am no fool and I don't  like the words you frame so to my manhood. I will beat you and teach you never to speak after me. My words are final."

" Dawn your ego" she murmured to herself but he must have heard as he put much force to her scalp and pulled her body against his. "William you are hurting me. Stop." Estella cried out desperately in low uneven tones. "Stop! Stop please....." she sounded hoarsely as she bent and leaped out to the back door.

"So, you run and think" he spat on the floor as he caught her again. *slap "that you have escaped the torture of my punishment" *slap "Don't" *kick " Ever" *kick and slap "Run! That is another form of disrespect. Kneel down when I speak. NOW!" his voice sounded deep and angry; his beautiful face disfigured at his attempt to frown. He advanced in his movements and stopped in front of the wooden chair in the compound. And sat himself like a king and started rocking back and forth with his feet spread out wide and his arms on the armrests.

"DOWN. I SAID Kneel down." It made her tremble and she thus sobbed; sealing her face with her soft palms. But did as he said. He stood up and started untying his belt; it came out with a loud smack as he pulled it swiftly from his pants, stretching his hand so high. He started rounding her with the belt, crawling dangerously through the grass like a snake.

He raised his hand so high and she cowered to the ground; coiling her body. So fragile was the woman; she crawled until her back hit the gate and she felt the heavy metal, cold and blunt through her cotton blouse. William stood under the tree watching her movements like a hawk. His whip at hand and an unending element of anger on his face; his chest rose and fell in even tones. He appeared to be a monster; for he felt no mercy for his dainty wife. Her body was covered in bruises and her pretty face, starred disgustingly at his soles. She looked haunted and took off as soon as she saw the chance. But he was not done with her yet. He ran after her and beat her severely until she passed out.

He backed off when he saw that she was no longer fighting him, when she cried no more and stopped breathing. He thought her dead; her unmoving form lay on the foot of their matrimonial bed. And for the first time since all this started, he felt scared. He took his car keys from the bed side table and spared her one last glance before closing the bedroom door.

This all happened in the dark; in the absence of everyone in the house. The beaten woman stood up and struggled to find her cell in the bag. She dialed her friend and came to take her to the hospital. Her body felt lifeless and slugged on her best friends shoulder as they descended the halls of the house; blood stained the polished floor. William was long gone and left before she gained consciousness. Her limbs felt heavy, her body ached, her mouth and eyes bruised; she felt dead. Every movement was painful and she felt dizzy. The last thing she knew, were sirens, then whispering voices before darkness took over her sight.