CHAPTER SEVEN

Dressed in a tight severe-brown dress that reached midthigh, a blue jean jacket that dropped to her curvilinear waist coupled with white Gucci sneakers and a 'hell yes' cap, she was drop dead gorgeous. Conrad looked up just as she came to his line of sight. She was smart and beautiful. Her velvety eyebrows inclined as she saw him staring. Pulling himself out of his trance, he looked away and side stepped from the driver's side and secretly watched as she slipped past him to open the car. She was so close that when her bag accidentally touched his hand, he took in a sharp breath, his heart beating rapidly. He pushed his hands in the pockets of his shorts and bit into his lower lip. Head bent to the side and his intense gaze on Jedda's figure as she settled her little frame in the driver's seat. Her smile was so beautiful and he let himself watch her for the first time without her knowing. He watched as she pulled out a flash disk from her cabinet and insert it into the port on her radio. His hand unconsciously went into his hair as she started singing. Her voice was so beautiful and he felt each and every word she sang. She had a contagious smile on her face that he couldn't help but smile too.

Just as the engine roared to life, he opened the passenger door and secured his seat belt. He turned to look at his sister with Daniel in the back and they were arguing about something. Twisting back in his seat, his eyes landed on Jedda. Her beautiful eyes blinked before sliding on her sunglasses. She was a goddess on the wheel. Finesse by Bruno Mars ft Cardi B sounded in the background from a hidden speaker in the M3. He watched mesmerized as she rocked the song too. She kept looking at him and at her singing partner Nowel, smiling all the while. He had never seen this side of her. He liked it. The next song was theirs and he knew it very well. He watched as she started warming up for the song. She turned and looked at him smiling before beginning. Conrad watched her intently before jumping on the next verse. Conrad's eyes lit up as he watched Jedda's mouth hang open. She had never heard him sing and she didn't expect him to know the song. Nowel poked her and winked at her when she turned.

"So, its you the traitor. You taught him our secret song." Jedda eyed Nowel in the mirror and she opened her mouth to say something. Then closed it.

"I didnt. But I know he likes sticking his nose into my business. He must have stolen the recording." She finally let out the words.

"You have a recording for that song?" Daniel asked confused.

"Yes!" They replied together and looked at him. He put up his hands in surrender when he saw the look on their faces.

"I actually have heard you guys singing many times that even if I dont want, the songs just stick in my head."

"Liar. Why and how could you hear anything when you had those headsets on every time we were practicing?" Nowel asked with a questioning glare.

"Genius! I kept them off most of the times. Mostly because mum slapped my head all the time when she called me and I didnt respond." He stuck his lips to the side and frowned as he touched the tender spot that was exposed to many of his mothers lashings.

" But anyways, I listened to you frogs croak behind closed doors for most nights during the holiday of Christmas." He said, his eyes bulging and his cheeks as he struggled to contain his laughter.

Jedda parked the car to the side and together with Nowel, they matched out. She nodded to her before telling Conrad to get out of the car. They ordered him to buy gonja from the roadside across that they had just passed. And as soon as he crossed to the other side, they got back in the car and sped off.

Daniel, so confused about everything, he asked, "what are you guys doing?"

"Try what he did and you will get to know. Never insult a talented singer!" Nowel leaned back and starred at him from the corner of her eyes. Daniels phone started ringing and he picked it up. "Yes, hello. Yeah. We kinda ammleftyou there." He said painfully eying the 'witch' next to him; scared for his life.

'What if what has just happened to Conrad happens to him now? In the middle of nowhere?' No thank you!

"Well you have to apologize for the insult you passed on Mr. thats the only way to get back on this ride." He put his phone on loud speaker and Conrad said, "this isnt funny guys. Better come back for me. Now"

"You have a funny way of saying sorry there Conrad." Nowel shouted in the phone.

"And we dont sing like frogs!" Jedda added.

"Of course, you are!" He said and laughed his ass off.

"He is an ass! "Jedda commented.

" I heard that!" Conrad shouted from the phone." Who cares?" they all said in unison.

" Okay. Okay guys. This is not okay that you have left me here; all alone. Please come back and pick me up. Or else you will find a dead man." Conrad cried from the other side of the phone.

"Thats not an apology!" Jedda said but turned back the car to pick him up.

When he saw the car from a near distance, he ran in front and waved his hands, gonja in the other hand in a small kavera. The car stopped on the side and he stepped in. he looked distressed. He turned and eyed his twin, then the driver and lastly his best friend. He kept quiet and picked on piece from the polythene he held and munched on it. He passed on the kavera to Daniel in the back who also passed it on to Nowel and finally Jedda in the front. She turned the radio on to play in the background as she sped the highway. Her whole attention was on the road; no jazz in the car and the rest busied themselves on their phones in the while. Long was forgotten the fact that one of them had just been left behind.

They all joyed in their social media as she rocked song after song. She sang happily along the radio music in the car moving her hands every then in a while dancing. She even let Daniel drive when they reached the fuel refill center. She sat in the passengers seat next to him and pushed Conrad behind. He was so sad when he was made to sit next to his very own crazy twin but was happy when she dozed off. He pushed her body to lay comfortably in the seat behind and she put her head on his lap. He didnt mind her as long as she kept quiet and never yapped crazy ideas for Jedda to take in. He was okay with the arrangement. He sat there listening to the two in front interact and he too participated. They had a very long journey to travel to where Speke resort was.