CHAPTER FIVE

"I love this beast" Cathy shouted before jumping out of the car. "Come on. I will show you around. It's been a while since you were here. A lot has changed and this place is more beautiful." She stood in front of the building and looked at it up and down. It was unbelievably beautiful and lively. People inside moved fast and all looked busy. She pushed the double doors open and walked inside with Jedda following slowly behind admiring everything around her. Everything inside screamed luxury and elegance. A group of models that sat in the waiting room at the reception started shouting and cheering, and looking at Cathy as she walked inside. She stopped and waved happily at them before continuing down the hall to Eugene's office.

"Hey Eugene"

He turned in his office chair and smiled when he saw Jedda stopping mid sentence. He mumbled something to the person on the phone before he jumped out of the chair and engulfed Jedda in a big hug.

"Oh hey! You decided to come today?" he said pulling back a little to see her face.

"Yes! And I made the best choice. Man, or man! Look at this place." She squealed as she walked around his office checking medal to medal and the art pieces on the walls.

"What have you done with this place?" She dropped in his office chair and pushed the wheels back before jumping out. She felt like she had spent years without visiting this place yet it was only one term at school. Everything had changed so much. She looked like Alice in Wonderland as she ran around excitedly.

"Just a little touch of elegance." He said laughing at her sudden change in character and sat on top of his table watching her move around his office like she owned it.

"That's is an understatement! This place is heaven!" She turned and pointed a finger at him.

"Oh...really now!" He nodded his head and turned to Cathy having a silent conversation together.

" Come on. Let's show you around. " Eugene said taking both Cathy's and Jedda's hands.

"I missed you a lot." Eugene said giving her the twentieth hug in the day. He was twenty-five years and had graduated with a degree in Drama and film at Makerere University. A famous handsome, young movie writer and actor. He had saved up a lot of money and started his project in 2018, January; Sunset pictures after graduation. One of his movies, Love Money had made a lot of money for him when he released it in 2018 with Cathy and Darren as the stars. He promoted young talent.

They entered one room where shooting of the fifth episode was taking place. The actors were already in action. They sat and watched as ' the angel of pirates took on Darren's men. The star Sophia and Duke removed their swords at once and started fighting. She jumped into his office and put a sword on his throat when he fell down. She smiled mischievously and kicked him in the stomach once, twice and he passed out. She stood on his table and started laughing creepily. She also had an eye patch on. She was really skilled and played her part very well.

"Why don't you join me here at Sunset? You are a good writer and you will make wealth with that talent of yours." Eugene said turning to look at Jedda on his right. This was not the first time he was asking her.

"I will think about it" she said before standing up to follow her sister to the dressing room.

"How did I do?" Cathy asked as she removed all the make up from her face.

"Great! You did great!" She said smiling at her in the mirror. She handed her a change of clothes and disappeared behind the curtain.

"Thanks." Cathy said as they got out to say bye to the others.

"Bye Eugene" Cathy called to him before patting his back.

"Bye dearests. Make sure to bring her back tomorrow." Eugene said hugging them both at once.

"Sure do" Cathy said as she followed Jedda out of the building.

"I saw Daniel." Cathy said as they entered the parking lot.

" Was he with Conrad?" Jedda asked stopping in the middle of the parking lot just next to her car. The one that is brown and taller...? You know with big muscles and a very handsome face......?" She elaborated using her hands, smiling hopefully.

"Is he the goof?" Cathy asked nonchalantly. "Look! There they are. Talk about the devil and he appears! See....see that guy next to him?"

" Who? Conrad?" Jedda asked puzzled. The guy standing next to Daniel was Conrad his best friend; the guy whose mother is their mother's best friend and they have known them like forever.

" That's his name?" Cathy questioned looking behind Jedda.

"Yes. Why are you angry at him? Did he do or say anything to you?" Jedda asked suddenly concerned.

" He is the guy I told you about." Understanding etched in her and she squinted her eyes to look at Conrad nodding her head as she watched them come closer to where she was standing.

"Is this a convertible?" Daniel asked whistling as he patted it and rounded it doing his inspection. Conrad just stopped a few inches from them looking from Cathy to Jedda. They looked similar some how and he wondered if they were related.

"Is that your sister?" He said not taking his eyes off her. Jedda nodded her head and looked over her shoulder at Cathy. She was glaring at Conrad.

"Be a good girl and greet Conrad. Cathy come here. Hey! You might not know him but he got you that doll you love so much." Jedda said standing between them leaving them to interact. She turned her head to look inside her car through the window. Daniel was now inside the car and Jedda watched in amusement as he snatched the keys from her and started the engine.

"Wow!" He said excitedly. "Hey! Jedda." Daniel called behind them catching all their attention. "Sometime when you decide to have a road trip, will you let me drive at least once?" He said smiling. They all just laughed at him and he got out joining them outside.

"We have to go! " Cathy pulled her sister to the driver's side or rather hauled her. She walked hesitantly in her movements.

"Bye Conrad." Jedda said painfully. She tried to free herself and gave up when she saw the plea in her sister's eyes. "Bye Daniel" she called over her shoulder and waved at them with her free hand. She started the car engine and drove out watching as they disappeared in the rear-view mirror.

"Okay, ten reasons! TEN REASONS! Cat.... you have taken away my chance to hangout with him." She had driven to café Javas without giving as much as a glance to her Sister in the car. She dug in her food angrily and put three chips in her mouth before looking up to her sister.

"I'm sorry okay? I have no patience for cute guys. They annoy me." Cathy said playing with her nails as she struggled to contain her tears. She felt panicked and emotional at the moment. She usually did this to many guys who she suspected to have devious plans or even planned to use her for her fame. "I didn't know he was my brother Conrad. And when I remembered him, I didn't want to show weaknesses so I panicked and .... and.... Am sorry okay?" She was now on the verge of crying. She looked up to see Jedda smiling as she sipped on her strawberry smoothie in the glass. "Apology accepted" Jedda put down the straw and offered her hand to exchange for peace with Cathy.