CHAPTER TEN

Pushing out of her chair, she moved outside and laid on the sheet they had left next to their Cabana. Leaning back, she squeezed a pillow under her head and closed her eyes listening to the music from the Disco but now she was a good distance from the rest. Another one by Sam Smith came through the speakers. Jedda let out a low whining sound and rolled over to watch the water. Sounds of water beating, wave after wave crushed on the bodies of the abandoned ships. She let herself dive into the events of the day.

Her prolonged unfulfilled desire tricked her into visions. It was a sudden capricious inclination of her mind. The only time she was alone since the break of the morning sun was now. So, she took out her phone and updated her status and note book. Relishing in the memories she had made so far during the trip from singing, to dancing and then the caring side of Conrad. She was so surprised when he hugged her. It was so sudden. And then he went on to talk to her telling her about his music choices and his hobbies. She felt a connection with him at the moment. She had not even realized that she was starting to sleep on his lap as they listened to music. She felt him play with her hair and even the moment when he covered her with a small cloth and carried her head delicately to lay on his chest as he lay down on the mat.

When she got bored she put on her headsets and played Tatiana's songs. She felt the music vibrate all through her body. Tatiana really had a way with her music, always attached to the listener emotionally. She felt a presence of a person next to her and opened her eyes only to see Conrad.

" what are you doing?" he asked as he took a seat next to her.

"Just enjoying the evening listening to music" Jedda said opening her eyes fully and turning to look at him. His eyes were swollen like he had been crying. She chose to ignore his obvious state and instead created space for him. She knew better than to question his actions.

He pulled his body fully down, laying on his back and looked up in the sky. The sky was grey, tinged with blue providing the tinniest light possible under her gentle and soft covers. His hand ached to touch the ends of her long hair that tumbled over the soft piece where she lay her delicate head gently. It is said that men dont cry but Conrad proved this theory wrong on many occasions. He rolled on his stomach sobbing ever so lightly. His face, so tender and full of longing; drenched with tears making the soft unblemished skin red.

He shifted and turned when her attention went to the two kids that were throwing sand to one another while their mother ran after them trying to stop the fight and looked at her. He was not ready to let her go. Even though he had hated her character of being so jumpy and talkative, she had gotten to his heart at some point. He smiled as she turned back her attention to him. And took an earbud from her. "You mean to tell me" by Tatiana was playing. It was a nice song but Conrad felt like going back to the Disco. So, he took her phone away and carried her back inside. She tried to run out but he kept on circling her until she gave in and started dancing. They danced together while laughing and they later found themselves squeezed between sweating bodies. People kept on jumping making them to be very close to each other. The music was so loud and there was no sign of Daniel and Nowel.

Just as they were about to leave, slow music started and the moment chose them as someone bumped into Jedda making her to fall in his chest. Young by Sam Smith played through the speakers. Conrad held her closer while looking in her eyes never losing contact. Their hearts racing and beating the same rhythm. His arm gently cradled on her tender waist and the other on her shoulder, they slowly started swaying to the music. No words were said. They just kept dancing all the while never losing eye contact. The song ended and another came up. Conrad pulled her and she put her head on his shoulder. He closed his eyes deciding to enjoy the moment while it lasted. And wished they could stay like this forever. The song ended and loco by Rema Namakula ft Chike played.

"I didnt know you were this good at dancing" Conrad said in a very low sound. His breath just next to her ear. She smiled shyly and looked at the spot on his shirt.

"Because I should have taken you earlier." He said and she listened nicely to his melliferous voice. "Closed you in a room. And play a good song for you to dance for me. See you are that good. I want you to myself"

"And what if I refused?"

"You bet I would carry you myself to wherever I want. You didnt want to be here." He paused and looked at her face. Her eyes were so bright. But then I have got you here. And you are enjoying yourself.

"Dont be so full of yourself. I could have run away from your dominant self" she paused and brought her hand to her chin; the other end on his chest doing a dramatic roll of her eyes. But you are right. And he just laughed at that moving his hand from her shoulder to her waist and held her closer. He moved in and put his head to hers smiling ear to ear. This beautiful woman in front of him was his source of joy at the moment.

He knew that his father was yet to come for him. He did not like Jedda because she was Mr. Mutabazi's daughter. The man had let his anger drive him and was on the verge of insanity. As time passed, Conrad had learned to forgive and was not to take revenge. His father was to blame. He had let pride and anger control him that he destroyed his own family.