CHAPTER TWENTYFIVE

She was not one but, on many occasions, stuck in paper. Her fame having reached as far as Kampala and the rest of Uganda. The play she had as of recent launched, had hit one million views on YouTube in just two days and was on demand in Africa and some parts of Europe. Eugene held his most treasured Jewel, SUNSET number one and Jedda number two. All her work was worth an eye and investment. And in the country where writers and authors are not so much credited and don't earn as much as they should, she was proving to be of more worth, than an asset. She was happy where she was.

She turned off her pc and moved out of her office and walked through different sections; the editing team, modeling, human resource, publishing before she reached her destination. Acting. Cathy was already there in her position at the front row; ready to judge. Today, they were introducing a new movie and auditions were open. She pushed the door to the theater, a file in hand and a smile on her face. Eugene, the director as usual walked in with Conrad on his left. He was clad in blue wash jeans and a white sweater shirt. His appearance streaked to be more appealing and alarming. He smiled when everyone waved at him as he was famous. He had made it to the front line in acting and modeling in the US.

When he stopped, his eyes searched the room and stuck on her. She was in the back stage briefing the actors on what they were to do on the stage. Her whole stance was firm and she spoke vibrantly; everyone listened intently. She gave them a stack of paper and moved on to where the panel was. He walked straight to where she was, a small box in hand. He kept his eyes on her as he walked soulfully; his eyes were glassy and sparked under the simple light in the room. He reached where she sat; her eyes closed. Her head bent back in the soft chair. She had a genial smile on her face and whatever she was thinking of at the time made her happy. He looked at her genuinely, from head to toe. He saw her beautiful and perfect. The girl he loved and has dreamt of many times. God! Everything she did was cute and made him smile and blush at the same time. She suddenly put her hands in front and stood up as if a string led and managed her body movement. She bent back shaking her one hand and her waist moved to the beat.

"Go girl! Go girl!" everyone cheered on her as she danced and they laughed because it was funny. Music in the room stopped and she put up her hands before strutting to the stage. She put her hand in her hair, biting her side lip, and one leg stretched out on the hard floor.

Conrad watched all this in the corner under the stage. She then welcomed every one to the auditions and left the stage, and sat back in her chair. He watched her like a play. His favorite show which he didn't want to miss. He found a chair in his position and sat down. He sat down and kept his eyes on her; listening when she laughed. Eugene entered the room, searched it before smiling and moving to where Jedda sat. He sat there and started talking to her. His hands went to her face sometimes and the two laughed as they pointed at the person on stage. He was annoyed by this as Eugene knew how he felt about her and he was the one who pushed him into this. Coming to audition for the part of Jerad. Conrad gained courage and walked on behind them. He tapped on him. "Move!"he said as he pushed him off the chair. Eugene watched him smiling before sliding in the next seat to them. He took her hand and put it on his chest. Holding it there as he pretended to be watching the play.

"What are you doing?" Jedda came nearer and whispered in his ear questioning him. His eyes bulged at this and he turned to eye her before putting on a smile. "See... you are missing out on something."

"I know. Now tell me." She said as she looked around. Eugene looked at her and smiled before walking to the other end of the stage.

"Isn't this beautiful?" Conrad said as he looked at Jedda's hand in his.

"What?" Jedda looked at him before catching on.

"Are you practicing for the play?" She suddenly asked and he quickly moved his head to look at her.

"No... yes I.... am. How am I doing?" he asked, confused as he bit his lip. Great. She said and looked at their hands. It was sweet of him. She smiled and leaned back into him and started watching the play.

Conrad sat with her, happy and contented as they watched the play Eugene was directing. They laughed at the comedy and frowned when the show was bad. They sat there, in the auditorium and they were the only ones in the room. When they talked, conversation was with their eyes, mind and soul. They looked at each other attractively and longingly. They both staged happy faces. When auditions ended, they didnt wait for Eugene to dismiss them all. For they walked out and into Jedda's office and they were now on her couch sipping on the coffee Suzan had just brought them. Conrad admired her office. He moved around looking at the art in the room.

"Who made these?" he asked when he reached the piece of a sun set. It was so beautiful.

"Cathy. Isn't that beautiful?" Jedda put down her cup and walked to where he stood; she touched the canvas smoothly and let her hands fall off before continuing to her large glass window.

"Yes it is beautiful."

He continued his exploration around the room and stopped at her desk; it was almost empty with only a laptop, her card name, and a few files. He sat in her chair and saw Alice. Her speaker was under the table hidden and he switched her on." I miss you by Daddy Andre" came up. And he let it play. He leaned back in the chair and put his one hand under his head. He listened to it and then turned in the chair and looked at her before standing up. He reached where she stood; next to the wall on the large window and hugged her. She turned to look at him, surprised at his actions. Her body was tense at first and she held eye contact with him. It reminded him of the last time he did this. At the resort, before everything changed. Alice then chose the moment to change the song to play Ed Sheeran. He smiled and she looked in the direction of her speaker on the table; currently betraying her. But maybe it was okay? She was fishing from her accounts after all.

It all played out like she had written in her new book; The poem she had composed. She moved and beheld him; and at that time, they both got lost in the moment. Nothing was more beautiful than what they had. He moved his head to rest on hers and kissed her. He stopped and enfolded her into his warm embrace, then kissed her cheek and put his forehead on hers. His hands framed her face as she rested hers on his waist. They both breathed hard and hugged for the longest time. They slowly moved to the music in the room and lost count of time; currently on cloud nine. Every step they took, felt right. He smiled when he felt the beating of their hearts and held her closer. This was the break of the ice between them. The outlet of everything they have had for the longest of times. And this was a new beginning. The start of their lives together. They needn't talk! The chemistry they had was enough. He twirled her one, two times and rested his head on her shoulder. He settled his hands on her tender waist and they swayed to the music in front of the large glass window. Her back to him; he looked at her smiling. Admiring every bit of her features. She bore an enticing remnant of glee.

**touch that star and vote every chapter. Thank you