CHAPTER ELEVEN

A hand so cottony, came up and touched his cheeks lightly feeling up the sensitive flesh; grazing his delicate jaw line and fell off swiftly to their sides. Eye to eye, he closed the small distance between them and ached to touch her. And in his perplexed state, he had been crying all the while. The song ended and the whole room went silent as they took in their surroundings; everyone had left and they were the only ones left in the room. She rubbed the tears away with her soft hands making him to close his eyes. His hands came up from her waist and held her captive by the hands, kissing each one of them; eliciting a warm fire in her. He held her fingers captive and extended the exchange for the longest; lost in the growing connection.

"let's go" Conrad said and pushed his way to the large decorated glass door; ready to escape the heated moment that just chanced on them. Jedda on his tail and they walked in a long but comfortable silence. The two walked on bashfully and deliriously happy. And kept on stealing glances when the other was not looking. Conrad felt happy thinking that maybe he might have a chance with her.

As they were dancing, he felt whole again, like she belonged to him. In his arms and nothing could separate them. He loved her from the first time they met in primary at the park. She was singing and admiring the flowers.

Smiling to himself, he turned to look at her. She had a shy smile on her face. They continued walking. They had gone very far from the hotel. He held her hand tightly as they walked back to their rooms.

Turning to her, he leaned back on the wall and let out a strangled breath. He started speaking, his voice wavering.

" I am going to miss you" he lifted his hand and held one of hers.

"In time, you have successfully earned a place in my heart. That's why even with what is happening in our family, I have not hated you. Your mother has been welcoming us to her house, treating me and Nowel like family without thought. Look.... I don't blame her for all this. I understand her role. She is a strong and brave woman. She stands against aggressive and eccentric men like my father every day. She fights for women's rights. That is the special thing about her. She....doesn't give up.

I am glad mother joined her team or else she would still be suffering and only at the mercy of God. " He pulled her against him in a tight hug. Silent sobs escaped him. She just held on to him and let her hand move to his back rocking up and down to calm him down. He let her go after a few minutes and looked at the floor. Jedda's fingers came to his cheeks to rub the tears away making him to look up in her eyes. They felt like cotton on his skin.

"Am going to be here for you." she whispered giving him a hug. She looked up and smiled at him, cleaning his face.

Raising her hand, she touched his face again and smiled up at him nodding her head. His eyes were red and had a distant look in them. Nodding his head too, he turned and left her there.

She leaned back at the door and looked at his retreating figure. As If feeling her gaze, he turned and waved his hand up smiling.

She opened the door to her room, Nowel was sound a sleep.

A vibration sounded in her shorts. She pulled out her phone and saw a message on top.

Good night❤️

She read it and texted back, good night too before drifting to sleep.

********

She woke up with a big smile the next morning, happy; stretching out her hand and turned to sit up only to be creeped out.

"hmm... so, are you going to tell me what my brother was hiding you? Where were you last night?" Nowel's face was now hovering dangerously close to hers. They were only a few inches from bumping heads. Nowel held a fake frown and a look of worry in her eyes. Jedda picked a pillow from the foot of the bed without her seeing and whacked her.

" ouch! Don't do that again"

"Do what?" she asked throwing another pillow at her.

"You are doing it again. Stop. You are now asking for it" she picked two and threw then one after the other. And started a pillow fight.

They both fell on the floor that was covered with a soft cotton carpet and started laughing.

"Stop pretending like nothing happened. We looked for you two and didn't see you. We got more worried and went back to the beach only to find you two dancing."

So, what happened next?" she sounded serious now. She always did that when she wanted information from her.

Jedda turned her head and looked at Nowel who was now sitting on the couch by the window. She looked so much like her brother. The skin colour, eyes, lips, the face structure as real identical twins.

"seriously? Drop it. We.... Did... Nothing! Just danced that's all." Jedda said retreating from the room and entering the bathroom. She even locked the door just to keep her crazy friend on the other side.

"I am not letting it go. You will have to tell me sometime." Nowel shouted from the other side.

"Not going to happen!"

"Soon.... Oh wait... Wait! I can actually ask him myself." Nowel said her voice becoming low as she descended. She then heard the door open and close.

'Oh... no, she can't do this! This girl can be so dramatic sometimes.' she thought to herself before cleaning up to join the rest