CHAPTER NINETEEN

" I am sure burglars wear shirts and are always in black clothes. They even cover their faces." She said sizing him before taking a seat in a chair.

Sorry. I thought it was a thief. Mum and dad are usually asleep at this hour of the night.

" Do you mind me being here?" He asked, taking a step towards her; his eyes were a flicker with curiosity over a genial smile. Jedda leaned back tightening her grasp around the glass in her hands. He took yet another step and her breath hitched. Her heart rate picked up. It was like he had a hypnotic hold over her that she couldn't control. He sat himself in a chair next to her and scooted to be directly in front of her. He held both sides of her chair and held her prisoner. She tried escaping but to no avail. She cursed at her lack of strength and gave up. She kept her eyes anywhere but his face.

" I don't bite." He smirked as she turned to look into the abyss of his eyes.

" Let me go." She whispered nonchalantly still looking at him.

" Later." One word and he said it hoarsely his breath fanning against her face. Jedda sensed the situation getting far more dangerous and tenser as her pulse quickened.

" I missed you." He whispered as he touched his thumb over her bottom lip. She sucked in a breath as his gaze dropped to her mouth. The need to give in roiled through her but she fought it back.

" Conrad..." she winced when he lifted a hand and trailed a finger along her lose strand of hair. She was now conscious of her short skimpy night wear. It exposed most of her skin.

" Stop messing with me!" She pushed at his hard chest and wilted as she rounded the counter putting a safe distance between them as she escaped.

" We are going to have to talk some time." Conrad said watching her intently walk away before following her to go in the guest room.

He caught her hand before she could make it further to her room and she stilled. He then took a step back and pulled her back. She let out a surprised squeak and her pulse quickened. His face was hovering inches from hers. He then held her captive by the waist and brought his lips to her forehead, kissing there. He pulled back slightly and lingered on her ear.

" Good night." That's all he said! That was all he said before disappearing behind the guest door leaving her confused.

What did he want from her? All these sudden shows of affection when he hasn't been in contact with her all this time. She sure thought he had a girlfriend. That white cute girl she saw on television and on his Instagram. Then what was he doing acting all lonely and in love with her. He sure isn't any different from his dad.' Thought he was different' She thought as she dismissed any kind of feelings Conrad left her with. They were all wrong. This was not meant to happen in the first place. As it is said that fear is stronger than love, Jedda locked the door after the horse bolted. She decided to keep far away from him during his stay here. Comparisons are odious but it is always better safe than sorry. out of sight, out of mind she thought as she finally retired for the night.