CHAPTER TWENTYTWO

She felt an excruciating pain on her lower back when she woke up. Everything was dark and a small light appeared in the far corner of the room from a hole. Her hands were tied up and a cloth covered her mouth. A shadow appeared in front of her and her head was pulled up by her hair. A man stood in front of her. He pushed her and she fell hard on her back letting out a cry of pain. Then he moved back to sit in the corner of the room; Crossing his legs and a bottle of water in one hand. The other held a cell. He finished drinking the contents before crushing it and throwing it in her direction. He put his hands in his pockets and moved to the entrance, he opened the door and looked at her one last time before closing it. Jedda cried to the man for help but he kept on moving until the sound of his shoes with the floor was no more. She felt panicked and tried freeing herself but the knot was so tight and she cut herself instead. Light suddenly appeared and there was a large transparent glass in the middle of the wall. A man appeared again; but this time, in a suit. He turned around and she let out a loud squeak when she saw his face. It was William; Conrad's father. He threw his head back and laughed maniacally; his eyes were red and then he threw a bottle of Smirnoff on the wall next to him.

Jedda woke up breathing hard. She sat up quickly and observed the place she was in. She was still at the beach and apparently, she had just had the most annoying and threatening dream. This woke up her nerves and she looked around again adjusting to the bright light. This dream proved her instincts; having been at edge since morning. She felt the tension build up in her body and she ran back to where everyone was. They were preparing to leave. Her eyes were blood shot and she looked everywhere; her eyes wide open. Her body ready for action in case anyone touched her or tried to push her into something that she didn't like. She went on and entered the car first and put up her legs, folding them and she put her head on her knees. She starred out the window, scarred and deep in thought.

Conrad sat in front next to Cathy on the left; his eyes on Jedda. His hands were folded under his chin, his back pushed forward and his eyes trained in her line of sight. He watched her every move. Her shoulders slaked down and her whole demeanor screaming defeated. He wanted to be near her and be able to help her. But he knew better to keep his distance. She moved her head to look in front, her eyes were blood shot. A deep frown etched in her face and a lone tear escaped. He felt her pain, it hurt him not to be able to be her comfort. He pushed Cathy in her direction and told her to talk to her. She hesitantly went and sat by her side and Conrad watched; his heart beating in his ears. He prayed to God that she be okay and watched her cry; finally falling by Cathy's side.

"I saw him. He was in a suit seated in the corner of the room. He had tied my hands back and his foul smell lingered in the air. He left the room and turned on the lights. Hehe then laughed at me and broke something. He is coming for me. Help me. I am so scared." Jedda cried as she told Cathy about Wilson. The whole car stopped and everyone turned to her. Conrad moved in and hugged her. She then cried and everyone else sat there watching her.

"Oh dear! I am so sorry. Estella sat down next to her." She put her head on her lap and cried too.

"When was this?"

"When I was sleeping under the umbrella. I thought it was real. Please tell me it is not real." She looked up, crying and looked at Estella, then Conrad.

"Dad was arrested for fraud last year. He has been in jail for over six months now." Conrad said his eyes on Jedda.

"What?" Estella said, her eyes the size of saucers.

"I am sorry mum. I didn't tell you because I didn't want to see you sad. Your happiness means a lot to me." He held his mothers hands as she cried. He smoothed her hair and hugged her. I am sorry mum.

"I hope he stays there this time. He is a bad person and I dont want to see him hurt any of you."

"Son. You should not talk about your father like that!" he looked over to Mr. Wilson and he was staring at his daughter. He looked over the back seat; his head angled to rest on the pillow in his position in the drivers seat. He wore a sad face and he looked deep in thought. He turned and started the car to drive his family home.