CHAPTER TWELVE

As she pulled out a chair, Nowel winked at her before turning to Daniel who was seating next to her. She had a glint of evil in her eyes. Probably up to no good.

"Better not talk to food this time Jedda. You will creep out everyone or rather embarrass yourself." Nowel said dragging each word out slowly with a frown etched on her face.

"As if" Jedda commented before digging into her food.

"We should go swimming today and laze around the pool till noon." Conrad suggested as they chewed quietly.

"Or, we could go ride horses. The resort has them."

"And trainers too. That's helpful!" Daniel supported Jedda's idea.

"or, or we can go to the spa and enjoy those professional fingers do magic to us." Nowel said flipping the pages of the guide they were given at the reception.

"OK. So, everyone wants something. Let's ride horses, then go swimming. Later in the afternoon, we go to the spa, or Jedda and Nowel I mean. We, the boys shall be enjoying fine food at the restaurant during that."

"There! That's the plan." Conrad high-fived Daniel after his speech.

After breakfast, they all collected their swimsuits and went to the pool. They were all pretty good swimmers. They even competed for the best swimmer and Conrad won of course. He was more athletic than everyone else.

"What are you doing?" Conrad asked coming next to Jedda in the pool. She was scrolling through her phone.

"Am on Instagram." She said without looking back. She was posting pics of them in the Car as they arrived at the resort, in the pool and at the beach playing basketball. They were all nice and cool. He rounded her in his hands and pulled her back to his chest. She felt his breath on her neck and stopped using her phone. She felt every nerve ending stretch and she froze. Nowel came up behind them and splashed them with water. They both turned to see the two idiots swimming out of the pool and running back to the hotel. They all laughed and got out of the pool.

Conrad handed Jedda a towel as she came up from the pool. She put on her sun glasses while drying her body. Leaning back, she picked a magazine from her bag. Conrad's phone started ringing. They all turned to see the caller. It was his mother. He quickly sat up from the chaise lounge and answered the call.

"Your father is coming. He made me tell him where you guys were!" Conrad turned cold from the news.

Before he could even think of a plan or an escape, Nowel came running shouting his name. Behind was his father, dressed in his work clothes. He looked great and screamed power and authority. He waved the two 'giants' he came with and they carried Conrad away.

Nowel kept on crying and pleading with his father not to take Conrad but she was held back by the other goons.

"You should have done things the right way!" Jedda shouted at William who turned to face her with a bored look.

"Don't make me punish you for your mother's deeds young girl!" He said spitefully and held her painfully by the arm. She writhed unsuccessfully from his hold.

"I can dare you to try. You think money is everything? Men like you should rot in jail. You think women should always be at your mercy but how can you ask for respect and submissiveness when you yourself can not act civilized? Women and men should be equal. They should be able to speak for themselves. We do not need people to survive! We are strong and plucky enough to be! " He squeezed her arm painfully and she cried out in pain. Nowel came to help her but she was simply brushed off.

" Take my advice young girl. Stay away from my family! " He roared in her ears making her flinch and dropped her on the tiles. He then strutted out of the pool area leaving them crying. Daniel came up to help them and they made their way back to their hotel room.

" I hate that man! I hate him! " Nowel shouted angrily. She coiled her fingers in fists and punched the pillows.

"Ohhh... Why did I have to be born?" she continued shouting and punching the pillows. She was feeling everything, desperate, angry, abandoned, weak, defeated, petrified and empty. She felt like one half was cut and taken away from her.

She finally gave up when her fists started hurting and dropped on the floor. She brought her knees to her face and cried until she passed out. Daniel and Jedda kept shaking her and calling her name but she remained mute. Daniel hurried to the reception and asked for a doctor.

They all paced back and forth until they heard a knock at the door. Rushing to open up, Daniel led the doctor to where Nowel was and Jedda remained behind explaining the situation to the manager.

The doctor carried Nowel to the bed and put an IV on her. He explained that she needed to rest