046 Changes

"I'm still shivering." Lakshmi aunty complained to me.

She was truly scared. I felt sorry for her. But it was unavoidable. At the same time, mom was glaring at me. I knew I was going to be punished severely when we get home. Even Anu and Doodu might get punished. 

Knock... knock...

Someone knocked and entered the room. The new guy instantly attracted the attention of everyone. Because he was huge. 

Even bigger than uncle Johny. He was tall and weighed at least 100kg. He even had a big beard.

"Why are you hugging my wife you little rat?" An unfamiliar raspy voice filled the room.

I knew this guy. He was none other than the husband of Lakshmi aunty. He is actually handsome and scary at the same time. He always had a stupid smile. I had a very positive memory of this guy. Even after the divorce, he continued to take care of Lakshmi aunty. Especially when the hospital was suffering from the scandal, he did everything to protect Lakshmi aunty.

"Are you jealous?" Lakshmi aunty teased him. 

Dad was still outside making calls. Mom watched us with an awkward smile.

"Why would I be jealous?" He replied without thinking.

Dude!!!! When a woman asks whether you are jealous, either act jealous or praise her.

"I heard you created troubles for my wife." He sat down and glared at me trying to scare me.

"No. No.. You trouble.." I replied in broken words.

"What? You dare to call me 'you'?[1] Come here little rascal." He tried to take me from Lakshmi aunty. I hugged her neck tightly and made sure he won't take me. 

"Fine. But you see, your Lakshmi aunty likes me more." He continued annoying me. But I didn't completely dislike it. Because I clearly had the upper hand in this situation.

I turned towards Lakshmi aunty looking for an answer. She just looked at me smiling.

So I started acting. My lips quivered and my eyes were  filled with tear in an instant.

"Don't cry. Don't cry. Achootty is my favourite." She immediately consoled me.

I looked at uncle Vijay victoriously.

"Is he doing this intentionally?" He turned towards mom and asked in disbelief.

Mom nodded helplessly. "It's better you don't compete with him."

"How can I lose to a milk smelling baby?" Uncle Vijay wasn't ready to surrender.

I had an idea.

"Do it." The fiery red devil on my left shoulder told me to do it.

"Do it." The pure and innocent angel on my right shoulder also told me to do it.

"Lachu... Ummma..." I demanded a kiss from Lakshmi aunty.

Lakshmi aunty laughed and gave me a kiss.

I looked at him again.

"I am not allowed to call you Lachu and he is?" He completely ignored the kiss and raised another issue.

Lakshmi aunty glared at him and he went silent. Clearly, she wasn't happy about the complaint. Only then did I realize that even her husband was not allowed to call her like that. I have no idea why it was like that. Probably another interesting story.

"That's two out of three. Now only Prince is left. Hahaha..." Uncle Vijay was embarrassed and he tried to make a joke to hide it. Except he did a pretty bad job.