057 Collector

The schools closed for summer vacation.

My first year in school also came to an end. I was sad about it.

I can no longer share letters and sweets above the wall with Anuchi. Also, I won't be able to see Anita or Meera.

By the way, I had been feeling a bit bad for Anita's little brother. Even in playschool, he spent the entire time with his elder sister.

Priya was completely independent. She went and made many friends. Prince wasn't as independent as Priya. But he still went and made many friends. They were also sad that the school was closed.

Ever since the school was closed, we were making life extremely hard for mom. Taking care of four kids was no easy task. Mom reduced the time she spent in the bakery. She didn't have the peace of mind to work with us kids at home. Actually, I didn't want to make it hard for mom. But whatever we did, things just went wrong. I was already used to this happening.

In the morning, I went to check the 'egg'. According to Doodu, there was some motion inside the egg. I think he is just playing along Anuchi. But I just decided to keep an eye on the egg. Because my family is a bit... weird. I am someone who returned from the future. My sister can talk to our dog and the dog is too intelligent. We also had a ghost elder sister. So anything was possible.

"This... this is Pichu's," Prince screamed from our room. In the morning itself, Prince had started fighting with Priya.

"Kariayacha... please check on them," Mom asked dad to check the kids. Usually, they don't interfere in our fights. But if Prince and Priya are fighting, they would interfere. Because the kids are too young and still doesn't know the difference between right and wrong.

Remember how Anuchi fought with Doodu and bit his tail? At that time, Anuchi was just 3 years old. She didn't know right and wrong and she truly hurt Doodu. The kids are at the age. So mom and dad to keep an eye on them.

"Piya like it." Piya was holding one end of a cloth and pulling.

"No. This is Pichu's" Pichu was holding the other side.

"Pichu, Piya, what are you two doing?" Dad asked while crouching down.

"Pichu's shirt," Prince complained.

"Piya, why are you taking Pichu's shirt?" Dad asked Piya.

"Piya like it." She replied as she stuff the shirt into her trunk.

Since I was growing up, dad wanted to buy a trunk for me. We had a good almara. But dad somehow came to the decision that kids must have their own trunk. I think it was because of his hostel life during his school days. Dad and I went to buy the trunk. I was a mature boy and dad was courageous enough to take me out without mom around. Going out with dad is very fun.

Anyway, we ended up buying three trunks and the kids loved it.

I checked her trunk to see what else she had collected. And I found something unexpected.

"This is mine." I pulled out a t-shirt from her trunk.

"And this too..." I found a shirt that belonged to me.

"Stop." Piya tried to stop me. But she was late.

Soon, all of us were checking the contents of her trunk.

Anuchi found two frocks, three skirts and a t-shirt that belonged to her. Dad found two of his shirts. Mom found the shall.

"Piya, this is not right to take something that belonged to someone else." Mom admonished her.