009 Fight

Something big happened last night.

It's not funny or lovely as the usual stories I say.

Well, some might find it lovely. But definitely not funny.

You have met Doodu. He became a part of our family unexpectedly. So we didn't have a house for him. For about one week he lived inside our home, making a complete mess.

Anu would run around the house excitedly and he would follow her. They hit everywhere and topple pretty much everything. On top of that, Doodu would poop everywhere and piss on all the walls.

Mom hated it. But I kind of liked it. Finally, there was someone in our family who could match the energy of Anu. Every day she would return from school to play with him.

Talking about school, Anu started going to school. I forgot to tell you that.

You should have seen her on her first day in school.

Mom put makeup on her. Some powder on her face, thick eyeliner, a small black dot on her cheek, a small blue bindi[1] on her forehead. Then her little cute uniform frock that reached her knees.

Dad took a day off. He was busy clicking pics on his mobile phone. Mom was having trouble hiding her tears. Even I shed some tears seeing how she was all dressed up to go to school.

Finally, she put her school bag on her back. It was almost as big as her. A few days ago, we all went to buy the school bag. She found a bag with the pic of ironman and she loved it. Dad bought it for her as he owed her for something.

She standing there in front of our home all dressed up with the huge bag is a memory I can never forget.

Anyway, let's return to the topic.

Doodu continued creating a mess in the house. So, yesterday, dad made a small kennel for him using wire mesh and wood planks. He placed the kennel outside our house and in the evening, locked the puppy inside it despite the protest from Anu.

I too didn't like it.

Doodu was still a baby. I know that he needs to grow up. But leaving him alone outside was something I couldn't accept.

Anu cried and argued for a while. But dad didn't give in. According to him, disciplining Doodu was also important.

Anu argued the entire evening and went to sleep after fighting with dad. As usual, I slept between mom and dad.

In the night, Doodu was crying from his kennel. I couldn't sleep. I lay awake on the bed listening to the pitiful cries of the poor creature.

After about ten minutes, his cries stopped. For a moment, I got worried. Then I heard his complaining sound and felt better.

Since he was done crying and going to sleep, there was no reason for me to stay awake. So I decided to sleep

Then a sudden thought hit me.

I slapped my dad's face as hard as I can.

"Huh?" He woke up and looked around in confusion.

"Anu is outside with Doodu." I said. I was almost screaming.

"Huh?" For a second, he was confused.

Then he suddenly stood up, pulled the window curtain to a side and looked outside.

"ANUU..." He roared.

"Eeekk..." I heard Anu's cry from the outside.

Mom was jolted awake and she looked around in confusion.