080 Ring 2

"If you tell her, I will not forgive you." Mom threatened me as she put the ring inside the flower vase.

'Why can't you just put it on your finger and end this silly game?' I didn't say that out loud. Both these girls will go back to being best friends once the game is over and I am the one who would suffer between the both of them. I wanted to cry. I felt bad for the little ones who were growing up in these wild lands.

"Where is the ring?" Anuchi asked me the moment I returned.

"It is mom's ring and now she has it. So the game is over." I replied.

"No. no no. It is not on her finger. She hid it again. I want to find it. She promised that I could have the ring if her hand got amputated." Anuchi was not ready to give up.

"... What?" What kind of deal is that?

"You made chachan promise you his ring when he dies. So I get mom's ring." Anuchi answered.

I didn't know what to say. Sometimes I think I am the only normal one in this family.

"Where is it?" She asked again.

"Lalalala...." I plugged my fingers in my ears and ran to our room. I wanted to escape from this drama as fast as possible.

Once I was inside my room, I was a bit relieved. But within minutes, Anuchi returned with a wide grin.

"I have seen her for my whole life. She thinks she can outsmart me. Just watch me teaching her a lesson." Anuchi proudly declared as she hid the ring in her school bag.

I ran to the hall to avoid seeing where she was going to hide the ring.

Now, it was Mom's turn to search. But surprisingly, she didn't get the ring.

"Where did she hide the ring?" Mom questioned me.

"Lalalala...." I started singing and completely ignored her.

"Tch... You are her team. I will teach you a lesson the next time you come to me calling iyaamma." She was displaced.

I was on the verge of crying. I was doing my best not to offend either of them. Yet somehow it wasn't working out.

Fortunately, she stopped questioning me and went searching the ring on her own.

In a few minutes, Anuchi came looking for me.

"Where did she hide the ring?" She asked.

"I don't know," I answered sincerely.

"Tch... You always side with mom." Anuchi was displeased.

I gave up. I decided to ignore both of them. But things degraded faster than I thought. Soon, I realized that both of them were searching for the ring.

"Achuu... tell me where the ring is. Otherwise, I will...." Anuchi came and threatened me.

"If you tell me where your Anuchi hid the ring, I will...." Mom came and offered me bribes.

It wouldn't take a genius to realize that because of the dumb game of the girls, the ring is missing. I was curious about the whereabouts of the ring. So I also joined the search.

"What are you two searching for?" Dad asked the moment he came home.

"Nothing." The girls answered in unison.

"Don't lie. What are you two up to?" Dad questioned them again.

"Anu took my ring and lost it." Mom decided to answer first.

"That is not true. Amma hid it and forgot where she hid it. She is growing old and her memory is becoming bad." Anuchi didn't hold back a bit.

"Your father is old. I am still young." Mom didn't like that she was called old.

Dad looked at me. I shrugged.

"Tik... tik... tik..." An odd sound attracted the attention of us. All our heads turned towards the source of the sound.

There was Piya. Walking oddly while limping.

My eyes came to rest on the shiting metal on her toe. There it was. She was wearing the ring on her toe. She was the culprit. The ring was too large for her tiny fingers. So she decided to put it on her toe.

"There is the ring." Anuchi and Mom lunged at Piya.

"No. no. Mine. Mine." She screamed while swinging her little fist. She frantically threw punches at Mom and Anuchi who were targetting her ring.

I sighed.  Just a few minutes ago, I was feeling sad for Piya. But I never considered the fact that her veins had the same blood.

I went to check on Pichu. He was sitting on the bed and yawning.

After the dinner, Anuchi dragged me to our room.

"Achu... I found something amazing."

"What?"

"When I was searching for the ring inside Mom's locker, I found a treasure map," Anuchi explained excitedly.

"You know the combination of her locker?" I was surprised.

"'I know. I am not telling you. You are not old enough to keep a secret."

I decided to ignore that statement.

"What treasure?" I asked Anuchi.

"Here." Anuchi pulled out a folded paper from her clothes.

I checked out the paper.

It was an old paper. A map was drawn on the paper. It had our house, the road in front of our house and even the elephant rock and some trees. Between all those, a spot was specifically marked.

"I don't know what is in there. But I am sure that there is some treasure hidden there. We should get it." Anuchi said with a lowered voice. A few weeks ago, appa bought her a comic version of the book 'Treasure Island'. I loved the book too. After reading the book, she was in a great mood for a treasure hunt.

"I don't think we should do anything about it. Every time you come up with an idea like this, we end up getting punished. We should just ask appa"

"Why would we get punished for finding treasure?"

"Because you are going to create a disaster."

"I would cause a disaster? Is that what you think about your dear elder sister?"

"Yes." I nodded.

Anuchi ignored it and continued making plans.

I was sure that it was going to end badly for us.

But even in my wildest dreams, I never expected that the disaster was going to be so big.

_____________________________________

Sorry again for the delay.

So...

I have been talking with this girl for over three months. She is not in India. So we talk over the phone. It is going pretty well.

Please remember me in your prayers.