027 Sexually Transmitted Parasite

Today, a few hours ago, the ghost joined our lives. She became a very close friend of Anu. At first, I was a bit sceptical. But soon, I started liking the ghost. The ghost was like a guardian angel of Anu.

Anu was talking to the ghost and running around. Mom checked up on us every once in a while. But she didn't pay much attention to this new 'imaginary friend' of Anu. I noticed that mom was a bit worried. At first, I dismissed it as a normal reaction after resigning from her job. But everything changed when dad came home.

"Anu, go to your room and play." Mom sent Anu to her room.

I started getting worried. Dad also noticed the unusualness in mom's tone and started to worry. I was on the dining table and mom and dad were sitting close to each other.

"What's the issue?" Dad asked.

"After doing everything, you have the courage to ask me that?" Mom exploded.

'This is bad... What did this old man do now to anger mom?' I felt a new headache coming.

"I... I got it very cheap. It.. was free. I only had to pay for the shipment. That's why I brought the telescope." Dad was stammering.

"You bought a telescope?" Mom started frowning.

Dad scratched his head stupidly.

"I am not talking about that. I got STP." Mom replied coldly.

"What's STP?" Dad asked confusedly. I was also confused.

"Sexually Transmitted Parasite." Mom gritted her teeth and spat out the words.

"What?"

'What?' Both dad and I were shocked.

"I... I swear I was loyal to you. I haven't done anything wrong. Please trust me." Dad was extremely nervous and started pleading.

'Yaa... He is an idiot. But he is never a cheater.' I told myself.

"Are you saying that I am not loyal?" Mom's face was about to explode.

"No... No. There must be another explanation." Dad was thinking of an explanation.

I too started thinking of an explanation. This was absolutely not good. I didn't want anything bad to happen to my family. But mom getting STP was something that was completely out of what I could imagine. Something like this didn't happen in my previous life either.

"There is only one explanation and you already know it."

"Please trust me. I don't know."

"Are you going to take responsibility or not?" Mom asked coldly.

"Yes. What to do now?" Dad was on the verge of tears.

"There is nothing much to do. In about 7 months it will be mature and come out. Till then, I have to suffer. After that, we both will suffer." Mom said with a sly smile.

"Are you pranking me?" Dad asked with relief after seeing mom's smile.

'Exactly! This is not a good prank.' I silently supported dad.

"I am not lying." Mom replied sternly.

Hearing that, dad's face darkened again. His expression switched between a nervous smile and fear. He was having a very hard time. I wasn't any better. I was also nervous.

"There must be a solution. Please tell me everything in detail I promise I will do anything." Dad was almost crying.

Mom had just resigned. There was no guarantee for dad's job. Everything was going wrong and then a new issue came up.