075 Rebel

All of us got something from Dad. He also bought matching frocks for Anuchi and Piya.

Mom stared at the frocks.

"Isn't it too big for her?" Mom asked. I was also having the same doubts. Whenever Dad bought clothes for the girls, they would be oversized. But Anuchi had no complaints and wore them almost daily. But this time, the frock Dad bought for Anuchi was of the proper size. The issue was that the second frock, which was for Piya was also of the same size. That was a bit too big for her.

"It's not. Just watch." He answered with a smile.

Since Piya was younger, she had the right to pick first. She stared at the frocks for a bit and then looked at Dad.

"Go ahead. Pick yours." Dad urged her.

"Big?" She asked pointing to one frock.

"No. They are both the same." Dad answered.

Piya was confused for a few minutes. She tried to compare both the frocks. In the end, she reluctantly picked one.

"Was she always picking the bigger clothes?" Mom asked. I too had the same question. Piya had the habit of stealing our clothes. After it was caught, Mom taught her to ask permission before taking. Ever since then, she would come asking us for our clothes almost every day. We just thought that she simply liked our clothes.

"Not always. But usually." Appa answered.

We finally got the answer to a question that troubled us for a long time. She just wanted to wear bigger clothes.

Mom opened her packet. It was a churidar that was matching to the frocks. She also got a watch that looked expensive.

Anuchi's packet included toy swords and a new set of bows and arrows. It was for me also. The kids got a large number of tiny animal figurines.

"Who are you? What did you do to my husband?" Mom asked with a serious face. I nodded.

There was no way our dumb father would be so good at buying gifts for us.

"Hahaha... You think I cannot buy good items for you all?" Dad asked.

"Yes." We all nodded in unison.

"..."

"Who helped you?" Mom asked.

"That... an old friend." Dad tried to answer without answering.

I knew where it was going. I excitedly watched the new drama.

"Who?" Mom could easily read Dad's expression.

"That... Anu." Dad finally answered.

"Hahaha..." I laughed out. Then I covered my mouth.

"Me?" Anuchi asked in confusion.

"She was there to discuss about a movie. I met her accidentally in the textile shop. Then she volunteered to help me. I tried my best to deny her. But she wouldn't leave." Dad explained ignoring Anuchi's question.

Mom didn't say anything.

"But I was the one who decided to get the same size frock for the girls." He added. He didn't want anyone else to get the credit for it.

Mom didn't look happy at all.

"Who is Anu?" Anuchi asked.  She was

"She's Jeemma's friend," Dad explained.

I knew who it was. She was the head of a production house. She and Jeemma were almost the same age. When they were teenagers, she helped Jeemma financially. When they were young, once she got into a fight with Jeemma and she declared that she was going to marry dad in the future. Although it was a teenage girl's joke, Mom disliked her for this. I was excited about the impending drama.