007 Shameless Sister

My sister is the most shameless creature in the world.

Many things happened in the past week.

First thing is that our Mom kicked out our cat.

Our cat scratched Anu. She was frightened and cried for an hour. This made mom furious. So before mom did anything extreme, dad caught the cat and gave it to a friend of his.

Unfortunately, only I knew the truth about the incident. Anu was pulling the tail of the cat and bullying it. In the end, it got angry and scratched her. But she conveniently hid that part.

Once the cat was gone, dad got us a puppy. A Golden retriever.

It came from the same friend who got our cat. He had a variety of animals and he was slowly building a career in that field.

Mom was initially angry at dad. She already had three babies to take care and now dad had added one more. Mom used to count dad as a baby because according to mom, sometimes his maturity is less than mine.

I totally agree with her.

Out of all the babies, I and the dog poop everywhere. This angered mom even more.

Dad promised mom that he would clean the dog poop until it is potty trained.

So our family got a new member.

A hyperactive curious puppy named 'Doodu'. Anu named him 'Doodu'. Originally, she wanted to name him 'Dog'. But in the end, we named him Doodu.

Anu was the happiest. Unlike the grumpy cat, the puppy was happy about all the attention it received. Doodu was happy to play with Anu. Even when he bit her, it was all playful soft bites that didn't even leave a mark.

Anyway, that's not the reason I called her shameless. Something else happened today.

Today was a Sunday. So everyone was at home.

After lunch, everyone was waiting for the Sunday movie in the afternoon. It also coincided with my feeding time.

It is my favourite part of the day.

When mom is feeding me in the afternoon, she is usually very relaxed and talks a lot.

She tells a lot of stories. Interestingly, all the stories have an elephant that flies through the air by flapping its big ears. It doesn't matter whether the story is about mermaids or the prince trying to save the princess. The flying elephant will be there. Sometimes even the angry rock makes a cameo appearance. Strangely, I kind of like her stories now.

I simply lay in her arms, slowly drinking and staring at her happily telling the story. Now I know why a lot of kids look at the face of their mom when they are being breastfed. I also know why kids always cry for their mom.

But we weren't always alone. Whenever Anu was around, she would listen to the stories curiously and ask questions.

I didn't like it.

Seriously... When she was a baby, I didn't come to take a share of mom from her. So, why can't she give us some personal time!

Today it got worse.

Since it was a Sunday, dad was also home.  Whenever dad was around, mom acted differently. She wouldn't tell the usual stories and would act a bit more elegant. She was like a teenage girl trying to act cool in front of her secret crush. Except that she was doing a good job at it and was already married to him.

So, mom fed me while humming something.

Anu and dad just sat and watched.

"What are you for looking so much?" Dad asked Anu.