048 Ragi farm

Have you seen little chicks following their mother crying 'chwick chwick'?

I am experiencing it now.

Two little babies who always follow me around calling me 'Achu'.

They grew up pretty well in the past few months.

A few months ago, we celebrated mom's birthday. This time, dad passed the cake to Prince and Priya to let them ruin it. After all, this had become a custom at our house. Later we cut the messy cake. Dad joked that if they try, then they can have another ruined cake the next year. Mom glared at him and he went silent.

A few months later, Prince, Priya and I celebrated our birthdays. The kids turned one and I became a two-year-old boy. Anu realized that it was a big loss for her if we celebrate all three birthdays on the same day. So she convinced our parents to celebrate our birthday on different days. I and Doodu supported the idea.

So, although we were born on the same day, we celebrated three birthdays on three different days. Dad was even careful to pick cakes that Doodu could eat.

Slowly the kids started walking. They also started talking more. One of their most favourite words was 'Achu'. Whenever Anu was not around, the kids would follow me around calling me 'Achu'. You have no idea how happy I was. Two kids following me around calling me 'Achu' all day was exactly what I had in my mind when they were born. They were so attached to me that even mom was getting jealous.

"Achuu... Achu" Prince came to me running.

"What is it, baby?"

"Poopoo..." He replied pointing somewhere.

"Did you poopoo?"

He nodded vigorously.

I checked. He had indeed pooped. That too on dad's digital weighing machine.

Priya was properly potty trained. But Prince simply rejected the potty seat. He was adamant about pooping the wrong way. He had already pooped inside dad's shoe, Anu's lunch box, on Doodu's tail, Jeemma's shoulder and many more places. Even my toys weren't spared. We were all helpless when it came to training him.

I went to report mom about the poop.

"But she hit me." Anu was complaining to mom when I found them.

"Why did she hit you?" Mom asked.

"That... We were playing. Then Arjun said something. Then I said something. But he said something. So I pushed him. He pushed me. Then I punched him on the belly and... and kick his leg. Just for that, she hit me and Arjun." Anu finished her story.

I was dumbfounded.

Mom was speechless.

Doodu sighed and covered his face.

"Why did you fight with him? Aren't you two friends?"

"Yes. But he said something."

"What did he say?"

"That... I forgot."

"..."

After listening to her a bit, I understood the situation.

Anu and Arjun were for fighting for some reason. Both the kids don't even remember the reason. Then, Arjun's grandmother spanked and scolded both the kids. Anu was proud and couldn't accept it. So she came to complain to mom.

"She is a very old grandma. Don't fight in front of her. Even I might get scolded by her." Mom gave the most practical advice to Anu.

"No. She shouldn't spank me. Only Jeemma can spank me." Anu wasn't happy.