076 Dinner

I didn't have to wait long.

Jeemma came home. She wanted to see our new room.

Soon she learned about the fight and a few minutes later, I was sitting in her car to go to her house.

To be honest, by the time Jeemma came, I had changed my mind. I didn't want to leave. But unfortunately, I could no longer back down. So I reluctantly got in Jeemma's car to go to her house.

"So why did you want to come to my home?" She asked as she drove the car. Jeemma looked very happy and proud.

I didn't answer.

I had stayed away from my home. I have stayed with Jeemma multiple times. It was not a big deal for me. But it was the first time I left home after fighting with mom.

"Are you already homesick?" jeemma asked stopping the car.

"..." I didn't answer again.

"Sigh... and here I thought I could take you away for at least two hours." Jeemma sighed.

"You thought I would go back in two hours?" I was shocked by her words. I didn't know she had such a low expectation from me.

"Yes. You are an 'amma's boy'. You can't fight with your iyamma and stay away from her for over an hour."

"But she is showing partiality."

"Really? Then did your Anuchi hurt you?"

"... No. But I was losing."

"So what? Do you want iyamma to help you whenever you are losing?"

"But... But iyamma came to help Anuchi when she was losing."

"No. She came to help because you twisted her hand and she cried for help."

"How does she know that?"

"Because Anuchi wouldn't ask for help just because she is losing."

I still didn't want to accept it.

"She hit me if I make any trouble. If others make any problem, they get other punishment." I said my next complaint.

"I have spanked you more than I spank my kids. Does that mean I don't like you?" Jeemma answered with another question.

To be honest, I knew why she hit only me. At some point, Mom realized that the normal didn't work with me and the only thing I was scared was of getting spanked. Also, among me and my siblings, Jeemma spanks only me. She used to punish Anuchi too. But it stopped later.

"When did you get spanked last?" Jeemma asked.

"Today."

"For what?"

"I rolled a paper and pretended that I was smoking," I answered truthfully.

"And you got spanked only once? If you had done it in front of me, I would have made sure that you wouldn't even think about doing something like that ever." Jeemma glared at me.

I didn't say anything. But I felt warmth in her words.

"Whom does iyamma take with her when she wants to go for a walk?"

"... Me" Every time mom wanted to go for a walk, I would hug her legs and beg her to take me with her. She doesn't take the kids with her because they get distracted too easily. Anuchi and I usually fought for the honour of accompanying her. Out of the both of us, she almost always selected me.

"Whom does iyamma take with her when she wants to go shopping?"

"Me." Every time mom wanted to go grocery shopping,  I would compete with Anuchi for the chance to go with her. The kids were harder to handle. So mom never took them with her when she was going shopping. Between me and Anuchi, mom always picked me. I knew the reason. Anuchi was too well-behaved. I wasn't. I would nag her and pull her to every bakery I saw on the way. Anuchi never does anything like that. The truth is that mothers like good kids. But they also long for spoiled kids.

I was my mother's spoiled kid.

"Who is your Anuchi's favourite?" She asked again.

"Who?" I asked just to be sure.

"Find it on your own." She didn't answer.

"Do you want to go back now?" She asked.

I nodded with a bit of hesitation. I wanted to go home. But at the same time, I didn't want to surrender so fast.

"How about this? You can go home with some good excuse."

"How?"

"Who feeds the little ones?"

"I and Anuchi."

"If you don't go home, they might not even eat properly."

That's right. It is not easy to make them eat vegetables. They only want to eat meat and sweets. So mom passed the duty of feeding the kids to us. Anuchi also made sure that I ate everything. At home, I am her best friend. So might be feeling too sad to eat alone. Doodu likes it when I feed him leftovers from my plate. He too might miss me. Even our parents might not be able to eat peacefully since I left home fighting.

"Then, I will go home." I 'reluctantly' agreed.

"Then promise me you will spend the weekend with me." Jeemma turned the car around.

I agreed.

Within minutes, we were back at my home. I had revised my return inside my mind multiple times on the way back.

I decided to tell my excuse before anyone even got a chance to tease me. That way, I will save a bit of my pride. The door wasn't locked. So I walked in and announced my excuse.

"I am coming back only because..." my sentence got cut in between.

I stared at the scene inside.

They were all eating!

Pichu was so busy biting a chicken leg that he didn't even notice me. Piya was also eating busily as if Pichu would eat her share if she wasn't fast enough. Doodu was wrestling with a large piece of bone. Anuchi waved at me without even bothering to take the bone out of her mouth. Mom and Dad were at the table eating from their plate.

"I was gone for just fifteen minutes and bought biriyani in that time?" I asked in disbelief.

"Hahaha... Appa lost bet." Anuchi answered while laughing heartily.

"What?"

"Appa and amma made a bet. Amma said that you would go with Jeemma. Appa said that you won't. Appa lost the bet. So we all got biriyani."

I was heartbroken. 

"At least you didn't bet."

"I did. I told them that you would return today itself. So we won again. We can buy biriyani tomorrow too." She answered excitedly.

"..." I didn't know what to say. I turned around to leave.

"Come here my little rebel." Before I could walk out, Mom grabbed me.

"No. I am leaving. No one wants me here. You are all eating biryani when I am gone." I wasn't ready to give up.

"Who said that? I knew you would come back. I even bought biryani for you. I didn't even lock the door." Mom replied as she took out another food packet.

I didn't know whether I should be happy or sad. But I decided not to resist.

"Jeemma..." Piya offered some biriyani to Jeemma. She opened her mouth and accepted it happily.

I couldn't help but admire her courage. I didn't have any confidence to eat anything the kids gave me. Much less if they are feeding me with their hand.

Jeemma soon left. Before leaving, she didn't forget to inform my parents that I would be staying with her on the weekend.

Mom opened the packet of biryani and started feeding it to me. I wanted to fight. But at the same time, I didn't want to miss this chance to get fed by her. So I sat obediently in her lap and finished the biriyani in no time.

_______________________________________

Soon...

I will be able to publish more chapters consistently.