017 Scandal

Being a baby isn't that simple.

There are many responsibilities.

If you are too good, it will make your parents worry. You have to cry occasionally and make a mess. If you don't cry enough, they will start worrying. Not only that they will even reduce the attention you deserve.

So I sometimes pee and poop on the bed just to make my parents feel the pain of parenthood. I also started waking up and crying in the middle of the night just of the fun of it.

Yesterday night, I woke up around 2 AM. It was the ideal time for babies to cry and throw a tantrum. As a responsible kid, I started crying. My incessant cry woke up both my parents. It was mom's turn to take care of me. So she took me in her arms and walked out of the room.

"Why are you behaving like this? You used to be a good boy." Mom complained.

Exactly! I was a very good boy and you people started considering me as an adult. I have to let you take care of me or you two will soon forget that I am your son.

I cried even louder.

She tried feeding me and I just denied it.

In the end, she started talking and singing. Then I reduced the intensity of my crying and started fake sobbing.

"Wooo... My baby is sobbing." Mom teased me.

I liked it. I had a very hard time trying to control my urge to smile. Even though I am not exactly a baby, I cannot control myself when mom plays with me.

"Really? Are you playing hard to please?" Mom poked my nose.

Seeing her playfulness made me happy. But I still started crying.

"Don't cry. Let's go see what your elder sister is doing." Mom carried me out of the bedroom as she didn't want to wake up dad. She also knew that I liked to play with Anu.

We both went to Anu's room.

There were no locks on her room and bathroom. She was only four years old. So, to prevent her from accidentally locking herself inside, dad removed all the locks. Also, like any other typical Indian family, they had no idea of the thing called the privacy of kids.

Mom turned on the lights in her room.

She was sleeping in an awkward position without a worry in the world. She was a very messy sleeper and so she wasn't allowed to sleep with me. Mom and dad were worried about her putting her leg on me. I think I have told you this already.

"Huh?" Suddenly mom noticed an unusual movement.

Even though Anu was sleeping in a weird way, she was hugging a small bundle close to her head safely and it moved on its own when we turned on the lights.

Mom tried to lift the blanket.

The bundle moved again.

Mom lifted the blanket completely.

Doodu peeked at us while trying to hide under Anu.

"This girl..." Mom was a bit angry at Anu.

I looked at Doodu  He was looking at mom like a child who got caught stealing sweets. There was a clear sign of guilt on his face. He was also scared and tried to bury himself under the blanket.

"Hoo..." Mom sighed.

"Whatever..." She murmured as she ignored Doodu and started adjusting Anu's sleeping position. She covered Anu again in the blanket. Anu didn't even wake up during the entire process.

Doodu immediately crawled inside the blanket. Then he poked his head outside and looked at mom.

"Woo woo..." He made some sounds as if he was asking for permission.

Mom didn't reply. She picked me up and walked out of the room after turning off the lights.

Mom decided to pretend that she didn't see Doodu.

I liked it.

I had stopped crying at an unknown time. Tired from all the hard work, I fell asleep.

In the morning, I heard mom and dad discussing what to do. In the end, they decided to pretend they didn't see anything. After all, she was just four. They decided to teach her independence once she is six. As for Doodu, they completely ignored his side. They didn't care whether he grew up properly or not.

***

In another update, I even got one more tooth. Two tiny white teeth that looked like jasmine buds.

Checking my teeth again and again and crying became mom's latest hobby. She was extremely happy to see my teeth. Even though there were just two, she kept on counting as if counting would increase the number of teeth.

On top of everything, I even have to bite them now. Being a baby is no easy matter. So just like any other responsible kid, I started biting her.

Mom, dad and Anu wanted to get bitten once in a while. There is even a competition going on between the three idiots to see who gets bitten the most.

At first, Anu kept the count of the bites. But unfortunately, she knew only to count up to ten and after that, she lost the count. Still, she believes she is winning.

But I know. The real winner is mom.

I bite her a lot and she loves it.

I bite her whenever she puts her finger in my mouth.

I bite her whenever she is feeding me. She would pretend to be angry and scold me. Then I would release the bite.

This had actually become a habit of my family members to put their finger in my mouth and see if I still bite. Even Doodu sometimes put his dirty paw in my mouth and wait for me to bite. Anu taught him that. I hated it and made both the idiots wash their hands before they do it.

Doodu happily obliged.

Sometimes the intelligence of Doodu scares me. But he is a very good dog.

He is slowly becoming an important member of our family.

________________________

Please vote, comment and share.

Thank you.