081 Treasure hunt

"All of you, listen carefully."

"This is not some simple ... thing."

"From today onwards, our life is going to change."

"Our days of begging parents for pocket money are finally over."

"Today, we are going to dig and find a treasure."

Anuchi declared with full confidence. Her hands were on her hips and her head was held high. We were all sitting around her in an arc.

I sighed.

Pichu and Piya looked at each other confusedly.

Doodu was excited as usual.

"Maybe we should ask adults." Arjun was careful as usual.

"No. If we tell them, they will need a share too." Anuchi opposed the idea.

"But..." I decided to join the discussion.

"Kids should keep quiet when adults are talking. Just listen to me. Nothing bad will come from listening to your elders." Anuchi didn't even allow me to complete my sentence.

"Here's is the spot. Now, let's start digging." Anuchi started digging with Mom's garden shovel.

I checked the map to make sure that the location was right. It was between our Elephant rock and a mango tree. The Elephant Rock is just a rock near our house. We usually play on top of it pretending that it is an elephant. So we named it Elephant Rock.

Digging with a shovel is a lot more tiring than you think. Within a few minutes, Anuchi was tired. She passed the shovel to Arjun who started digging half-heartedly.

I and the kids were tasked with moving the mud. Doodu also joined in digging with his paws. In between, I went to Mom and brought bottles of lime juice Mom prepared for us. Then Arjun had the idea of pouring some water to loosen the soil. The idea was good but it made the soil wet and soon we were all covered in mud.

We weren't bothered even a bit by the dirt. We were used to it and it was fun.

"Tong..." After half an hour of hard work, the shovel hit some metal and made a dull sound.

I was shocked.

Although I played along, I never expected us to find anything.

"Treasure!" Anuchi was excited.

We looked at one another.

Then with refreshed vigous, we started making the hole larger.

Slowly, more and more of the object was exposed. It was a metallic handle attached to something made of concrete.

I was baffled. The natural order of things was for Anuchi to mess up and create a disaster. But things weren't going in that direction. I have to say that I was shocked and excited by the unexpected turn of events.

"I will dig too..." I grabbed the shovel and started digging.

"Woowuuwu..." Doodu also started working harder.

We all worked hard removing the mud. Even the usually energetic kids were soon tired.

In between, the security came to see what we were doing. I have mentioned him long ago. He is the one who is going to betray us in the future.[1]

"What are you all digging for?" He asked half-jokingly.

"For Appa's treasure," Pichu answered before

"Treasure?" He asked while looking at the exposed concrete.

I was instantly alarmed.

"No. It is nothing. Don't listen to the kids. They don't know anything. We are just making a big hole for Doodu to poop." Anuchi answered before secretly glaring at Pichu.