11. Secret Geeks (NEW)

-Max-

-Max-

I was so grateful to Troy for asking Sky to come play games with us. I never would've had the guts to do so myself. Having Sky over at my house was a massive icebreaker, and to make things even better, he seemed to enjoy hanging out with us. And he got so excited about the movie night in my treehouse I wanted to die because of how cute he was.

This was going so great. I knew I was most likely only going to hurt myself, but I really enjoyed having Sky close, even if nothing would ever happen between us. He really seemed like the friend everyone should have. Hanging out and playing games with him was fun and different and new, and I was more than happy to settle with that.

"Quickly! What do?!" Sky spoke hastily as the timer in the game started running.

"First!" Troy replied at the same time as I said, "Second!"

We all laughed, and Sky chose the third option by mistake.

I'd found the game boring when I played it alone, but now I stood corrected. It was a fun game, no matter how slow paced it was. I guess I never really had the time to focus on it. No, that was a lie. It had been a while since the last time I allowed myself to sit back, relax, and enjoy a game without feeling like I was wasting precious time I should've used on studying.

"Is something bad going to happen to him now?" Sky muttered in worry.

"Well, let's hope we still have a chance to fix that," Troy spoke.

"He already got killed once," Sky said, focusing on the TV.

And I focused on him. I completely forgot to take part in the conversation as I watched him, his cute, delicate features, his silky hair, the corner of his lips. And his hands. He had a gentle hold on the controller, and I wished it was my hand he was holding instead. The moment at the barn returned to my mind. He'd taken my hand in his with such ease... I wished I had the guts to do so.

Again, I wished either I or he were a girl. This would be so much easier. What were the chances that he liked boys too? Zero? A little more? Not enough, that was for sure...

And it was cruel. I mean, I had never met anyone I had actually been interested in. There had been maybe a few occasions when I turned to take another look at someone, but that was about it. But Sky... I'd been attracted to his looks from the very beginning, and after spending only a few hours with him, I had fallen for him. For him, a guy. Of course the first person to make me feel like this had to be someone I could never have.

I suffocated a groan and forced myself to focus on the game. I was more than happy to be his friend. I was. I truly was.

My gaze slowly made its way back to Sky.

...I was.

"Okay, now someone else takes the controller," Sky suddenly said, standing up.