70. Dreaded Friday

-Troy-

-Troy-

"Oh, God..." I whispered in the middle of the class.

"Mmh..." Max nodded.

"I feel sick..." I continued, and Sky turned around in his seat to see us.

"It's going to be fine," he mouthed, and quickly turned back around before our teacher would spot us not paying attention.

It was Friday.

The surprisingly scary and intimidating Friday.

That Friday.

I looked at Max, who was a bit pale. More than just a bit, to be honest. Even Luke had been really quiet earlier that morning. We were told multiple times that we shouldn't worry about the game too much, but we were apparently doing a lousy job.

And it was held today. The time had come.

I shook my head, trying to get rid of the nasty squirms eating me up from within. It didn't help, of course. I was too nervous. Last night I had gotten almost as nervous as I was right now, but last night I was with Luke, and he was really good at distracting me. I really wished I could go to him right now and let him distract me again.

But we were at school, and he was still reluctant about being seen together with me. He still didn't trust Ronny, which kind of pissed me off. Well, not the fact that he didn't trust his best friend, but the fact that he let someone intimidate him like that. If Ronny, or anyone else for that matter, were to reveal our secret, then so be it. I was just getting to really enjoy being in a relationship with Luke, and I already knew I hated hiding that fact.

I mean, I loved attention. I was man enough to admit that. I wanted Luke's attention, and it pissed me off that I couldn't just go to him and get that attention. We were still in the beginning of our relationship, and I wanted to be able to be openly happy about the butterflies in my stomach, and smile like an idiot whenever he smiled at me, and take his hand in mine in that cheesy, awkward way they always did in movies! I was now missing out on all of it.

What made things worse was that Sky and Max were able to do so, and no one was giving a shit about it – well, not openly at least. I knew there still were plenty of homophobes around us, in our own team even, but we weren't easy targets. Everyone knew that if someone laid a finger on Sky, Max and I would have our revenge. And if people didn't think we were bad enough, the thought of facing the wrath of Luke kept them from doing or saying anything stupid.

I crossed my arms on my desk and rested my head on top of them.

Luke. I found it funny that almost everyone else thought he was scary. He was just a big teddy bear. A teddy bear able to turn anyone into a smoothie, but a teddy bear, nonetheless. And he wanted to be mine. Oh, I was falling for him hard now. Now I couldn't even understand why I didn't just say yes to him when he asked me out last summer. Well... I was scared.