81. Wish to Hide

-Troy-

-Troy-

I felt like a lazy bum, knowing Gwen, and Stephanie and her brother were clearing out my room while I was sipping my soda, lying on the couch in Luke's room, playing video games.

"I should've gone with them..." I muttered for the thousandth time.

"You need to stay right here and get some rest, all right?" Luke replied for the thousandth time.

I sighed. It was way too late, anyway. They were probably done packing everything by now. I just couldn't shake the feeling that I was a lazy bum.

"How's your leg?" I asked, tossing my controller away.

"Still attached," Luke said, and turned to look at me. "You need to stop worrying about me. How's your head?"

"You need to stop telling me what I need to do," I told him sternly. "And my head is fine."

He looked at me under his eyebrows, squinting his eyes, acting like he was the boss around here. He sure looked hot, though.

"Don't you try to flirt your way out of this," I said, holding back my laugh. "You were running around like you didn't just have your leg operated on a few days ago!"

"The leg is just fine. The whole point of having the cast on it is that I don't need to worry about it," he spoke with a low voice.

"I'm pretty sure that's not how it works," I said, and was about to go on a rant about the importance of giving his leg enough time to heal when he suddenly pulled me into a kiss. I was so surprised that I completely forgot all about what I was going to say. It was such a rare treat to have him be so bold with me. Initiating the kiss really was bold for him.

"That's exactly how it works," he said once he let go of me.

I just laughed at his words and pecked his lips once more.

It was only half an hour later when we heard Gwen's car stopping in front of the house. I helped Luke up from the couch and we went to greet her together. I never really understood how big my game collection was until I saw at least a dozen big moving boxes in Gwen's car. It was a miracle they all fit inside it.

"I grabbed every single game I could find," Gwen said proudly when I went to take the first box. "Steph and Arthur took everything else at their place."

I assumed Arthur was Stephanie's brother. "I should've come with you," I told her apologetically.

"Nonsense!" she laughed. "It wasn't a big task, anyway."

"Everything went all right?" Luke spoke when we stepped onto the porch where he was waiting.

"Yeah – Arthur seems like a bright lad," Gwen said. "First, I thought we would have a problem, but he was really polite. He was really grateful for helping his sister. And he said he knows a lawyer who can help you guys," Gwen spoke the last part to me.