63. Bad Jokes

-Sky-

-Sky-

"Saturday. Saturdayy. Sa-tur-dayyy!"

"Yes, it indeed is Saturday. How very observant of you, Sky," Freddy spoke into his cereal.

"But it is Saturday!" I said, trying not to start jumping up and down in my seat. Freddy was sitting in front of me and gave me a tired scowl. "We are going camping! All four of us! And Bella!"

Freddy groaned and hit his head on the table, and didn't lift it up. I could hear him mutter something, but didn't bother to ask what he was saying. It was probably something about how much I annoyed him.

"Freddy?" I spoke his name carefully. "Freddy? Please forgive me. I didn't mean to annoy you. Please? Freddy?" He just growled something incoherent. I waited for a moment and leaned carefully closer to him. "I... I don't want you to be upset with me. Please? I want to tell you something."

Finally, he lifted his head up and looked at me. I leaned even closer.

"It's Saturday," I whispered.

"For crying out loud!" Freddy yelled and stormed out of the kitchen, leaving me to laugh alone at the table.

"Are you teasing your brother again?" Mom asked, walking in just a moment later.

"He's so overdramatic," I shrugged and continued eating my breakfast.

"Am not!"

Mom turned to look at me, and mouthed, "Maybe a bit," before she started laughing. "So, camping trip with the group, huh? You must be excited!" she spoke, grabbing a cup of tea before sitting down next to me.

I almost choked on my cereal when I tried to tell her how excited I really was. Soon, I got the milk out of my lungs and could breathe again. "Troy and Luke are coming with us as well! And Bella! It's going to be so awesome!"

"Oh? I didn't know Troy and Luke are coming too," Mom spoke, and stopped to think for a moment. "No, no, actually, I think you may have mentioned it... I have this faint memory of you doing so."

"Yes, yes, I told you a thousand times already," I chuckled. "One day I'll stop being so annoying."

"I truly hope that never happens!" she spoke with an upset voice. "You are my sweet baby boy!"

"Thanks, Mom," I said, rolling my eyes in amusement. "I'm not a baby anymore."

"Oh, you better be," she said sternly, eyeing me. "My sweet, kind, innocent, baby boy. You hear me?"

"Yes, yes, fine. Geez..." I mumbled.

I was a bit ashamed to say it took me almost an hour before I realized what she meant by innocent.

"Oh sweet Mother Nature...!" I gasped, turned bright red, and wished the earth would open up under my feet and swallow me whole.

"Sky?" Max turned to look at me with worry in his eyes. "What did you forget?"