chapter-34- the human world.

She bit down on her lips, as this would seem like they were preventing someone who wanted to go outside from going out.

But it wasn’t a lie. Shawn started to speak. “Mary. You know that it is dangerous.”

The black-robed woman responded back. “That is why I plan to go alone.”
“You definitely cannot go alone!”

Tasha jumped up and raised her voice.

Mary could be in danger even if she was with her, so how could she let her go alone? Absolutely not.

Silence filled the room after her outburst. Nobody was able to speak. However, a confused voice filled the room.

“Why can’t she go? That human is very strong. She is even stronger than a mage I know.”

‘Ho.’ Cale was amused internally. ‘This girl is stronger than Rosalyn?’ They left Rosalyn to finish up something with Bud back at the Super rock villa.

Mary raised her head. Of course, they still couldn’t see her face as she was wearing a robe with a large hood.

Mary turned to look toward Cale and Raon. She then started to pull her sleeve up.

“Mary!” Shawn reached out in shock, but she was faster.

Mary managed to pull one of her sleeves completely up before Shawn stopped her.

Her arm appeared underneath the light. “Mm.” Choi Han, who was at the door, let out a groan.

“Sigh.” Shawn put his head in his hands. Tasha looked back and forth between Cale and Choi Han with an anxious expression.

Cale’s eyes couldn’t help but become cloudy as he looked at the arm that was revealed.

The arm and hand that were revealed seemed to be covered in what seemed to be burns or black lines that looked like spiderwebs.

It was a terrible scar that would make anyone flinch. Cale just stared at the injury. She was really a necromancer.

A black spiderweb human.
That was the term that people used for the necromancers in the past.

Cale though that she could just be a necromancer but it seem as his intuition was right.

“Mary, you can’t do that in front of people you don’t know! Sigh.”

Tasha let out a sigh and grabbed Mary’s arm. She then carefully pulled the robe down in order to cover the black lines back up.

At the same time, she continued to observe Cale and Choi Han’s expressions. Tasha was holding Mary’s hand tightly.

“This, you see…” Tasha was unable to hide her anxiety.  “Tasha.”

Cale looked right into Tasha’s eyes and calmed her down.

“I don’t plan to tell anybody so do not worry. We are already all in the same boat.”

Tasha closed her mouth that had been repeatedly opening and closing without making a noise.

She remembered what Alberu had said about Cale.

‘Auntie, he may be rude, but he keeps his word. I trust him, I can also rely on him.’

Tasha started to agree with Alberu the longer she interacted with Cale. At that moment, Mary started to speak.

“I will also not speak about Dragon-nim. Since I cannot make a vow of Elementals, I will vow with my life instead.”

Cale had a small smile on his face that quickly disappeared. He should not have to worry about Raon’s secret because she put her life on the line.

Tasha then heard her grandfather starting to speak. “Young master Cale, do you know about necromancers?”

“I know as much as any other person.” It was a lie. Cale know more than anyone as he had heard it from 'that' person. 

“My name is Mary.” Mary started to speak again. “I am twenty-five this year.”

She introduced herself following Raon’s style. Cale quietly listened while Raon was looking at the black robe with curiosity.

Then Mary explain about her life. “I don’t want to bring harm to anyone, so I will go alone.”

She pulled up the sleeve on the arm that Tasha was not holding. The ugly scars appeared again.

“I heard that people find these scars to be disgusting.

As such, I just have to make sure these scars aren’t revealed and that I avoid the temples. I have prepared a lot for this trip.”

Mary’s head, well, the hood of the black robe, was facing Cale and Raon, but she was talking to the three Dark Elves.

Tasha just stood there without being able to grab the other arm.

She recalled the child who was having a hard time breathing in the black desert filled with dead mana.

“I am curious about the world.” Mary was curious. Mary wanted to know what the world feels.

It's not like she is not grateful. She is grateful that the dark elves took care of her but she still want to see the human world.