Chapter Thirty: Lucky Charm

First I have something very important to say. I want to dedicate this chapter to my bestest friend in the whole wide world... TANYA!! I love you like a sister and I guess that's why we're so close. Without this girl I wouldn't be writing this book. I wouldn't be on chapter thirty without her constant encouragement. She has been with me each step of the way and I hope she continues this journey with me. She doesn't have wattpad yet she still supports me and I'm so grateful to her for that. So thank you Tanya... This is for you :)

And now back to the story...

************************************

It was already 8 o'clock when we left the room. The first place we went to the was the casino. Of course we weren't allowed but with our foolproof fake IDs we got in. Plus with a little flirting on my side.

There were loads of casino but we decided to go to nearest one to our hotel.

The first table we went to was the Texas Hold'em. We had bought only a few chips, but Drew was confident that he could win back some more.

So as he joined a table with a few players, the game started. I stood behind him and every time the bet was raised I held my breath in anticipation. Drew was actually better than he said he was.

He won more than two rounds, which is bette than what I would have done. We had spent $1,000 dollars on chips and at the of ten rounds we had $5,000. I was getting more and more nervous though, because I heard casino owners were really quick to find cheaters or underage players.

"Drew we should go now." I whispered urgently. I could see the security listening into their radios. they were making me anxious.

"Why?" He whispered back.

"One o'clock." Immediately his eyes snapped up and he gathered the chips he had accumulated and folded, indicating he left the game.

We walked as casually as we could to the cash in machine. We took our five thousand and left as soon as we could. We almost sprinted out of there but to not draw attention to ourselves we had to act naturally.

"That was a really good round." I told him.

"I was surprised that we managed to get so much." He admitted.

"You said you were good." I cried.

"Today I was lucky. Lucky because of you." He looked me straight in the eyes.

"Me?"

"You're my lucky charm." His eyes twinkled as he said that. I smiled at his words.

It was sweeter than anything he had ever said. Heck, it was sweeter than anything Daniel had said.

"Well what are we waiting here for let's go spend the money I've won." Drew exclaimed. I laughed and nodded my head. There was a bar nearby but we didn't choose the go there. It didn't look very nice instead we chose one which was quite a walk down. It was good because there was karaoke and I loved karaoke.

"So what drink do you want?" Drew asked.

"Uh... Anything?"

"Okay one pink margarita and a beer please." He ordered.

"What's pink margarita?"

"I don't really know, just sounds girly." He shrugged.

"You're such a sexist pig!" I exclaimed and slapped his arm. He just chuckled. When I took a sip of the margarita though it was surprising really nice.

"That tastes quite good actually. Try some." I handed him my glass and took a sip. I blushed when I saw he drank from the point I had, which was like an indirect kiss. He saw me blushing when I took the glass back.