Chapter Forty-Three: The G-Rents

"Casey!" Drew cried as he licked his face. Drew scrunched up his face and tried to push Casey off him.

"Come here boy."I giggled and Casey jumped onto me. Drew wiped his face on his towel, now covered in dog slobber.

"You hungry? Yes? Okay let's get some food!" I told him. He excitedly jumped off my bed and barked as he waited near my door.

"Impatient much." I muttered. I followed him down and filled his food and water bowls. I let him eat there contentedly.

The house phone rang. "Hello Davis residence." I said.

"Hi Maddi, it's mom."

"Oh hi mom." I greeted.

"Honey I'm at the airport and so I'll be home in around two hours or do because I need to drop by the office." She informed me.

"Okay. I'll see you soon then."

"Bye. I love you." She said.

"Bye." I hung up.

"You shouldn't be mad at your mom." Drew stated.

"She cheated on my dad!" I cried.

"Maybe she had a good reason?" He said.

"What you mean excuse?" I retorted.

"Look just hear her out. You're lucky to have both your parents." He said the last bit quietly.

"I'm sorry. I guess I should. I never gave her the chance to explain." I felt guilty for fighting with my parents when Drew was having a hard time with his.

"I came here to have fun. Not to be all sad so let's do something fun!" He exclaimed randomly. I rolled my eyes.

"Okay you can decided what to make for breakfast and what you want to do today and I'll brush my teeth." I told him, skipping toy bathroom. I quickly brushed my teeth and pulled on a pair of loose pants.

"I decided." He announced.

"Decided on what?" I narrowed my eyes.

"What to make for breakfast." He said happily.

"Nothing." He burst out.

"Nothing? But I'm starving!" I complained.

"Me too, but I know this place we can go for breakfast. It's a long drive but a nice place. They have stuff to do there too!" He explained.

"Okay so we can eat a little bit now and then eat there too?" I was hungry!

"Sure. I'm going to get changed, you might want to as well." He said. I shook my head and followed him to my room.

"What shall I wear?" I asked standing in my wardrobe.

"Something wearable." Was all he said.

"What's that supposed to mean!" I said exasperated. I took a pair of skinny jeans and a yellow lacy top. I wore my high tops and tied my hair up. I stuffed all I needed into a smallish handbag and took my brown leather jacket of the hook.

Drew was already waiting at the door, having locked all the windows and doors. I locked the front door and slipped the key into my handbag. He had Casey's lead in his hand, I assumed because he was dining with us.

"Shall we go?" He smiled. I smiled back and nodded. He opened the door for Casey who jumped in the back and I sat shot gun.

"You might as well rest since it will be an hour before we reach." Drew forewarned.