Chapter Thirty-One: Family

I sniffed the air. My eyes snapped open. BACON! "Where's the bacon?" I demanded.

"Good morning to you too." Drew said sarcastically. I rolled my eyes at him.

"How are you up so early? My head is killing me, but the smell of bacon is too good." I groaned.

"I got up an hour ago, but I let you sleep. I just ordered room service hoping it was would be here when you wake up and what a reaction I got." Drew sighed.

"Whatever." I got up suddenly to grab a piece of bacon but then I didn't brush my teeth. I rolled out of bed-literally- and took my toothbrush out of my bag.

"Graceful." Drew said, sarcasm dripping from his voice.

"Oh you're so funny." I retorted. I brushed my teeth slowly as I admired myself in the mirror. More like grimaced at my appearance. What the heck? Who cares because I don't.

I spat out the toothpaste and washed my face. I rushed out and saw Drew taking a piece. "Mine." I growled.

"Wow someone's hungry." Drew noted. I nodded as I chomped down on the bacon. It was crispy yet still flavoursome, just the way I liked it.

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes, continuing to stuff my face with food. I didn't care much about dieting because I loved food too much.

"Well what are we going to do today before we leave?" Drew asked.

"Hmm what can you do in the morning in Las Vegas?" I sat there thinking for a minute, but m hungover brain didn't let me think properly. Guess alcohol messed your brain too much.

"I don't know." I shrugged, continuing to eat my food.

"There's a seasonal fair here, so do you want to go?" Drew said suddenly.

"Hmm..." I said intelligently. "Isn't there a theme park nearby?"

"That's a bit ordinary." Drew said.

"Yeah I agree. Let's go to that indoor skydiving place. It will be fun!" I exclaimed, glad I remembered seeing it on a leaflet somewhere.

"Okay!" Drew chimed in enthusiastically. We quickly finished the food and packed the few the little things we had bought with us, which wasn't much. We checked out and then made our way to the place where we supposed to skydive.

We quickly registered and since Drew was already 18 he became my accompanying adult. Sucked. I rolled my eyes as he rubbed it in. An instructor told us a few safety precautions before we were allowed to gear up with helmets and suits as well as boots. When we were in the glass tube we were told to jump so that we could be thrown into the air.

I laughed with excitement as I felt myself being pushed upwards. Inside the tube Drew and I had fun do tricks in the air. We twisted, twirled, rolled in the air. But the coolest feeling was the feeling that we were flying.

I even managed to take pictures of us. It was exhilarating and I was upset when our paid hour had ended.

"That was amazing!" I gushed when we walked out of the doors after changing back. "I don't know why I didn't do that before." I chattered.

"Maybe because you're underage?" Drew smirked.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever. I still managed to do it finally!" I grinned.

"You did it?" He winked.

"Yeah... Ohh. Ewww. You're disgusting." I grimaced.

"Yeah but you love me for that." He smirked.

"No I don't." I stuck my tongue out at him. "Anyways we still have time before we go and... Can we go to the race track! I want to drive a Bugatti Veyron." I spoke excitedly.