Chapter Thirty-Eight: Best Friends Forever?

I walked to my last lesson in a daze. I literally bumped into someone's back when I stopped. "Maddi are you okay?" Drew asked.

"Yeah. I think?" I said.

"You think?"

"I don't know."

"What?"

"What?" I asked, confused.

"What?" He asked, also confused.

"What?"

"Huh? I'm confused." He admitted.

"I'm confused too." I giggled.

"Okay how about we forget that just happened and start all over." Drew laughed.

"I'd really like that." I muttered. He laughed, deep, rich and sexy.

"What lesson do you have right now?" I blurt out.

"I have Algebra, with you." He smirked.

"You're in my Algebra class?" I exclaimed, shocked.

"Gee it's good to know I'm noticed." He said, sarcasm dripping off his voice. I just rolled my eyes.

"We should go to algebra now otherwise we'll be late." I told him walking on. I then stopped turned around and saw him smirking. It was only then when I realised we were standing outside our algebra classroom. "Uh... Algebra." I blushed and opened the door, with Drew following me. Since everyone was already there only two spaces were empty and they weren't together. One was next to Elisabeth, a really clever, nerdy girl who always had food stuck in her braces so when she smiled all you could do is grimace. And the other spot was next to Eric. I flicked my eyes to Drew and literally ran to grab the seat beside Eric.

I smiled triumphantly as Drew sulked and slowly made his way to Elisabeth. I turned to Eric. He was not your average nerd. By that I meant, underneath his glasses he was super cute with his blonde hair sticking up and his checkered shirts on top of his t-shirt. Although occasionally he did wear sweater vests. He never liked to dress up like the stereotypical 'nerd'. He was pretty outgoing and had lots of friends. In fact all the sensible girls drooled over him. By sensible I meant girls like Brook. I smiled mischievously as I thought of a plan to get them together.

"Hey Eric are you going to the Winter Formal?" I asked, acting causally.

"I don't know, I went last year." He shrugged.

"I think you should go." I told him.

"I would if I knew who to ask." He blushed.

"Well there are loads of girls dying to go with you." I smirked.

"Yeah? And who would you suggest?" He smiled innocently.

"Well...I have someone in mind" I smiled evilly. The person next to me nudged my elbow. I looked at her as she had a note in her hand. I took it from her and when I was certain the teacher wasn't looking I opened it.

I hate you -_-

I looked up to see Drew glaring at me. I stuck my tongue out at him. He continued to glare. I quickly scribbled down my reply.

Don't glare. You'll ruin the appeal.

I sent it back to him. I watched his expression carefully as he smirked arrogantly.

So you think I have the appeal ;)

I rolled my eyes. Cocky as ever.

No but I'm pretty sure Elisabeth is drooling over your books.