Chapter Twenty-Three: A Not So Romantic Evening

"Well I gotta change. And do do you. Maybe a shower will be great too." I smelt of salt, and I didn't particularly want to stay smelling like that for very long.

Daniel, knew my house quite well by now so I left him to do what he wanted. I went to my room to have a shower. Out from my wardrobe of many things came a pair of dark blue skinny jeans and red lacy t- shirt. Nothing too fancy, just casual but still elegant.

I had quick shower to rid myself of salt and got dressed. Daniel, being a guy, had finished already and was waiting for me in the living room on his phone.

"Shall we go?" I asked, waiting by the door. He got up and grabbed his keys. I walked out and locked the door after he had followed.

The car journey was silent except for the radio playing in the background. Starlight by Muse came on and it was just the song to sing along to. I let my voice carry itself throughout the car, while I lost myself in the music.

I loved singing and when I did everything else was irrelevant. I took a deep breath once the song was finished. "I would clap but I don't think you'd appreciate me leaving the steering wheel. Maddi you have an amazing voice! I didn't know you sang."

"I didn't till a few years ago when I joined the choir. It was like a release. Whenever I was angry, sad, happy I would sing. It helps me escape reality just like art in a way." I remarked.

We reached the cinema and I chattered about my favourite songs as Daniel parked.

When we reached the counter I saw Drew with his arm around another girl's shoulders. I was angry at him, but that didn't stop me feeling a little jealous. I banished any thoughts of him from my mind and looked at the board to pick a movie.

"What can I do for you?" the girl at the counter asked, clearly eye raping Daniel. I rolled my eyes. Why do these things happen when I'm there?

"Maddi what would you like to watch." Daniel asked me. The girl looked at me as if she just noticed I was there.

"Let's watch Friends With Benefits." I said, casually looking up and picking the first movie title I saw. To be honest it looks pretty crap, I mean the title itself wasn't appealing but what the heck.

Daniel bought our tickets while I bought a large popcorn box and a large soda for us to share. We took a seat in the middle of the cinema. Surprisingly there were a lot of couples sitting with us, in fact the cinema was filled with couples and high school girls. I internally groaned at the torturous hour I was going to have to endure.

Daniel faked yawned and stretched to put his arms around my shoulders. I rows my eyes at him, only to realise he couldn't see. "That was so cheesy." I whispered as the film started.

"Yeah but you like me like that." he whispered back.

"No. Cheesy is too... Fluffy."

"Fluffy? That doesn't even make sense?" he whispered loudly.

"Could you to be quiet? The film is about to start." The lady behind us whispered.

"Sorry." We said in unison. I nestled my head on Daniel's shoulder and pretended to concentrate on the film.

I don't know how much time had passed, but I fell asleep. It was actually quite comfortable and for the rest of the movie I stayed in that position.

I was nudged awake by the person next to me, accidentally I think.

I don't know what had happened during the film all I know is that they get together in the end. So cliched.

"Did you like the movie?" Daniel asked while the ending credits were rolling. I gave him a look. "I'm guessing that means no. Yeah me neither. I knew what was going to happen at the end. I was surprised you chose that."