Chapter Forty-Six: Santa's Grotto

"Can we go to Santa's grotto now?" Bee asked.

"Sure." I said, leading her to the queue of kids all waiting to meet Santa to ask him for presents. It was a cute idea to get all the children hyped for Christmas.

"So what did you buy?" Drew asked me.

"Nothing yet. Bee has bought her stuff and I need to buy mine. I just have no idea what to buy." I told him.

"I totally get what you mean. I've been trying to find the perfect present and for some reason morning seems to work." He seemed frustrated.

"What I've noticed, is when you try to find something it's never there, but when you're not looking for it, suddenly you see it." He simply nodded.

"Ho Ho Ho. Merry Christmas. Who's next?" Santa called. Bee excitedly scurried forward and sat on Santa's lap. I quickly took a picture with my phone before Bee recited her list.

"... But most of all, I want my mommy back." She said quietly. My heart broke for the child. Her own mother didn't even care about her. Santa looked awkwardly at me, and all I could do was smile sheepishly.

He made up some random shit and the familiar smile was back on Bee's face. I made a promise to myself I would make this little girl happy. It was priceless to see the smile that lot up the whole room. I made a vow that nothing will keep that beautiful smile off her face.

She jumped off Santa's knee and ran towards us. "Come on. Let's go have lunch." I announced. Both Drew and Bee exclaimed in happiness. "Where would you like to go?"

"Umm... I want to eat pizza!" Bee said. It just happened that CiCi's Pizza was right in front of us.

"Great lets go! I'm buying." I smiled at her. We made our way to the restaurant, which was already quite packed as it was- being a buffet and all. I paid for the three of us and then took Bee to choose her food while Drew guarded our bags. I allowed him to get food while I waited.

I saw one girl sidle up to him and strike a conversation. Normally I would have been fine with it, but today I felt jealous. She was a really pretty blonde girl, with naturally (I think) tanned skin. The only problem with her was the layers of make up and skimpy clothes. Who would want to wear that to a mall, let along restaurant. And what were girl like her doing in a restaurant like this. I thought they only ate salads and shit.

I didn't like the look of her and I continued to glare at her, hoping to get her to back off. Of course she couldn't see me, and she wouldn't have cared anyways. Urgh what was wrong with me? I think I'm getting my period, I'm so emotional.

Drew finally pealed himself off the girl and made his way back to the table. He smiled and sat down. I grabbed my plate to go get food, glaring at the blonde girl the entire time. I quickly out food into my plate and rushed back to the booth.

We all started to eat, quietly though Bee kept chattering throughout. Drew caught my eye and smirked. I rolled my eye and continued stuffing my mouth with pasta. Soon enough we were walking out of the restaurant and making our way to the car. Drew dropped us home and I went to my house to get my car. I told them I'd be back soon and left. I drove to the grocery shop first and picked up everything the Coopers' needed. Then I drove to the tree farm.

"Hey miss what can I do for you?" The owner asked, in a very strong Texan accent.

"I'd like a 5' tree." I told him. He nodded,"Right this way, miss."

"You have a very strong accent." I told him.

"Yeah, I just moved here. My girlfriend has a job, so I followed her." He explained.