Chapter Four: It's Senior Year!

3 years later

"We're seniors baby!" Taylor, my annoying best friend, screamed as she ran into my room. "Get up Maddie! Wakey Wakey!"

"Go away Taylor." I groaned. 

"I would have thought that today being the first day of our last year in high school that you would be a bit more exciting than this."

"School is school. That is never going to change." I muttered.

"Come on Mads. This year is our year!" She exclaimed.

"Whatever you say T. Whatever you say. Now get out so I can get ready." I ushered her out. 

"Wait before you do. I picked out your outfit. It's on the chair." She smiled devilishly at me. Taylor had picked out a black baby tee and black cargo pants. I sighed happily when I realised that she hadn't chosen a skirt or anything too colourful. I pulled my hair into a messy ponytail held together with a black scrunchie. 

 As I walked down the stairs I heard Ethan wolf whistle which was subsequently stopped by Jake with a slap. "She's my baby sister. Leave her alone." I could just imagine Ethan grinning at Jake, he just loved to irritate him.

"Ethan! I'm your best friend you just can't look at me like that!" I said. 

"What? I am a man who appreciates beauty. There is no harm in expressing that." He admitted as he handed me a bowl of Fruit Loops. 

"Thanks. I think?" I laughed.

"You guys ready?" Jake asked.

"Jake, I have my own car now. You don't have to drop us to school anymore."

"Madster, it's our tradition. I always drop you off for your first day of school," He said. 

"I know, but you should be in college right now." 

"Maddie, I love you. I wouldn't miss this day for anything," he smiled. 

"Okay then, let's get going." Like always, I took a quick nap in the backseat while my friends chattered excitedly. When we reached the school, my friends quickly exited the car.

"Good luck kiddo, go smash it." He kissed the top of my head as he hugged me. 

"Thanks, big bro. Love you." 

The campus was buzzing with freshmen and seniors alike, each of them reaching a milestone in their lives. Taylor and Ethan had already made it to the front door while I strolled slowly, just trying to take in the atmosphere. 

It felt weird that only a few years ago I was being dragged into the building by my eager best friend for the first day of freshman year and now I was heading into my last year of school. Time had flown by and soon we'd all be applying to colleges. 

"How was your road trip, Davis?" A familiar yet annoying voice whispered near my ear. I could feel his hot breath on my neck. Drew touched my shoulder and I instinctively flinched. 

"Wouldn't you like to know?" I snorted. Drew's smile faltered but he quickly recovered and soon he was smirking.  

"Maddie hooked up with a hottie!" Taylor's voice flowed through the hallway.

"Well, well looks like you finally got some. Perhaps relieve some of the sexual tension." He said, smirking. He looked conflicted as he spoke those words, almost as though he were hurt by my actions.

"I don't have any sexual tension. Plus, what I did during my summer break is none of your business."

"You're right, it's not."