Chapter Twenty-Two: Bunked

When I woke up sunlight was streaming through the window and the smell of breakfast was wafting up to my room.

I stretched and then threw the blanket off. I felt very good for some reason. As I was brushing my teeth I was dancing round my bathroom.

I skipped down the stairs while humming to a song. I followed the smell of the food and found Daniel cooking.

"What are you doing here?" I asked excitedly. I jumped onto his back and wrapped my legs round his waist. He laughed.

"I thought I would make it up to you and make you breakfast." I could see him cooking pancakes and bacon. I slid off him and instead wrapped my arms round his stomach, leaning my head on his shoulder.

"What time is it?" I asked.

He looked at his watch, "It's 10." he stated.

"What? We have school oh my gosh we're so late!" I exclaimed.

"It's okay I called them up and told them you were ill and weren't coming in." Daniel told me.

"What about you?"

"You ask too many questions. Now sit down and eat your pancakes." He placed a small stack of pancakes in my plate with a side of bacon. I sat down on the stool for the island. Daniel sat down too with a similar plate.

I swivelled round in my chair to get a carton of orange juice from the fridge. We clinked our glasses together and soaked the pancakes in the juice.

"So what have you planned today?" I asked him, my mouth full of pancake.

"Well since we have the whole day I was thinking we should go out and enjoy the weather." He said.

"In other words..."

"Basically I was thinking we could spend the day doing whatever you want." he smiled.

"Hmm okay! I want to go surfing!" I shouted.

"Uh... One problem. I can't surf." he looked so cute as he sat awkwardly in his chair.

"That's even better! I can teach you!" I chattered.

He chuckled at my enthusiasm. "Sure why not I guess."

I stuffed the rest of my food in my mouth and grabbed Daniel's hand just as he swallowed the last bite.

I pulled him to my room. I chucked his swimming trunks at him and I chose a simple dark purple bikini. I went into the bathroom to change and when I got out I bumped into Daniel. He held me by the waist and stared into my eyes.

He dipped his head and captured my lips. Instinctively I closed my eyes and wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him closer. Our lips moved in sync as his hands travelled down my body. Just like how Drew kissed me. His tongue licked my bottom lip asking for permission. I thought I would tease him a little longer so I slowly ran my hands down his firm chest, down to his chiseled abs. I smiled into the kiss as I slid my hands lower. His hands caught mine and he pushed me into the wall.

I gasped with the force and he slid his tongue into my mouth. We battled for dominance, tasting each other in the process. But he didn't taste of soft mint like Drew.

I hooked my leg around his hip and he cupped my ass, essentially lifting me up and wrapping my other leg around him. He carried us to the bed and carefully laid me down. He placed kisses along my collarbone. I gasped as he continued to kiss my neck, eventually kissing my lips again. My skin didn't prickle with excitement like when Drew kissed me.

My hands grabbed hold of his hair and pulled him closer, with my legs pulling him closer to my body. He moaned as I bit onto his lip. I felt something near the bottom of my body and I realised we are going to fast. Plus we weren't together. But that wasn't what made me stop. It was Drew. All the while we were kissing I was thinking of Drew.