Chapter Twenty-One: Infinity ∞

I woke up with a pencil in my hand and the canvas propped up in front of me. The birds had just begun to chirp indicating that it was early morning. I sighed and looked at my artwork. It was the small pier with the sea with the sun in the background. Although it was black and white I liked it.

I sighed, sitting back in my chair looking at my piece. Pencils were scattered across the table and my sketchbook was balancing precariously on the edge of the table.

Sun was streaming through my window, so I sat on the window seat staring as the sun rose.

Suddenly the alarm rang so I rushed over to switch it off before anyone else could wake up. That was my cue to go for a shower before school.

I stood in my cupboard wondering what to wear and then I realised I missed dinner with Daniel! I rushed over to my phone and saw that I had 15 missed calls and 10 texts messages. Most of them were from Daniel but there were some from Taylor, Ethan and Josh. I was a little upset that Drew hadn't called or texted but that wasn't my priority.

I dismissed the text messages and just called Daniel.

"Um hey Daniel..."I said sheepishly.

"Maddi! Where were you? I called you ten times and texted you. I thought we were going to dinner together." he sounded upset.

"I'm sorry. I really am. I forgot." I said truthfully.

"How could you forget? You promised me that you would make it." Daniel remarked, angrily.

"I can explain..." I cried.

"Yeah you I think you should. I thought better of you Maddi."

"Yesterday I was having a really bad day, starting from the time you woke me up to the end of school. I was also really angry at myself for not being able to create ideas about my art project. It was bugging me that for once my mind was blank..."

"What's this got to do with missing dinner?" he interrupted.

"Just let me finish. When I went to the room for detention I still drew a blank but then as the hour was approaching an idea came to my head. I was so excited that when I got home I skipped dinner just to focus on this project. It's really important to me and everything else flew out my mind because I was in the zone. I'm sorry. I really am." I replied quietly feeling really guilty. I hated leaving people hanging and especially not Daniel.

"Hey, are you crying? I'm sorry to have blown up at you. I should have known you would have had a good reason to ditch." he said with understanding.

"I don't want to fight with my best friend. Daniel if you love me you're going to have to trust me." I told him.

"I'm sorry too Maddi. It was wrong of me to doubt you." he mumbled.

"I guess I'll see you at school then?" I stated, though it sounded more like a question.

"I'll pick you up normal time then." he said, cheerily before I said bye and hung up.

The guilt that was gnawing at my conscience was finally appeased. With this I picked out a white tank, since it was still quite warm, and my red skinny jeans. My towel was already in the bathroom so I stripped out of yesterday's clothes and jumped into the shower.

The hot water felt good on my stiff muscles so I stood there for at least half and hour I quickly put my chosen clothes on. I didn't bother drying my hair so I just chose red heart shaped earrings with a long matching heart shaped necklace. My leather jacket was already lying on my bed and my black heeled biker boots were next to my desk. I brought them downstairs and left them near the door.