Chapter 13

Walking along the busy street of Times Square, wearing black leather jacket, white shirt tucked in a pair of jeans and black boots.

Roaming my eyes around, some in a hurry, some walking with phones in their ear, and some just simply walking minding their own businesses.

In just a few days everything will be ruined.

Sitting outside the coffee shop, smiling as I looked up and saw the gigantic building of Stark Industries.

"Via, hi." A woman said, looking at her and giving her a smile, "Abby, hello. You work here?" I asked as she nodded her head, "One of my jobs." She replied.

"So, what is your order?" She asked, "The usual?" She added, earning a laugh from me and nodded my head, "Okay, coming right up." She said, smiling as I heard her bubbly voice.

Exhaling a breath as I placed my hands inside my pocket, leaned my back on the chair, and looked back at the building.

I wonder what Tony is doing right now.

Shaking my head, averting my eyes away from the building, smiling seeing children happily eating with their parents at the nearby table.

Biting my lips as my eyes started to sting, remembering how we used to do that together with Ma, Da, and Claude.

Later on, Abby placed my coffee and croissant on the table saying my thanks to her as she smiled and left to attend to some customers.

Holding my cup with both my hands, feeling the warmth and smelling the aroma of coffee, I slowly lifted the cup, taking a sip and a sigh escaped from me.

Gently placing the cup down, taking a bite of my croissant, and roamed my eyes around.

Few minutes later, as I finished my coffee, placing a tip on the table, I was about to leave when I felt an itching sensation on my wrist.

My body froze, knowing exactly what it meant, I carefully looked around, assessing who of my soulmates were nearby.

My eyes widened seeing a man wearing a leather jacket, a pair of trousers and leather shoes.

Seeing as he just came inside the coffee, standing up, clearing my throat and acting like nothing happened.

Exhaling a breath, I was already outside the coffee shop when someone called me.

"Via!" Abby shouted, halting my steps, shutting my eyes hard and clenching my fist.

Gulping as I turned around, forcing a smile as she approached me, "Yes?" I asked, "I wanted to invite you to our house to have dinner. My son will have his 6th birthday." She said as I nodded my head.

"Sure." I replied, feeling someone staring at me, my eyes widened as our eyes met.

Fuck. I'm screwed.

"I have to go. I'll come back here tomorrow." I said as Abby nodded her head and looked at me with confusion. Patting her shoulder and immediately left.

Why did I have to look at him? Stupid eyes.

"Excuse me, ma'am." Someone said, "Oh no." I mumbled as I fastened my steps.

Glancing over my shoulder, "Shit." I said, seeing Steve following me.

Not today, Captain Rogers.

Turning at an alley and teleporting at the top floor of the building, exhaling a sigh as I sat down.

Peeking down, seeing Steve just turned and looked around.