Chapter 20

NATASHA

Seeing Clint strapped down at the bed as I watch over him, averting my eyes away, staring at the sleeping Rivia at the other bed. Clint woke up and shook his head.

"Clint, you're gonna be alright." I said as Clint tightly clenched his fist, "You know that? Is that what you know? I got...I gotta flush him out." He mumbled, breath uneven.

Standing up, pouring water on a plastic cup, "It's gonna take time." I stated, "You don't understand. Have you ever had someone take your brain and play? Pull you out and stuff something else in? Do you know what it's like to be unmade?" He asked, looking up and breathing heavily.

Looking at him, "You know that I do." I replied as our eyes met, "Why am I back? How did you get him out?" He asked as I nodded my head towards Rivia.

"Well, after Rivia removed the mind control. I punched you really hard." I answered as Clint furrowed his eyebrows and looked at Rivia.

"Our soulmate?" He asked as I nodded my head, Clint looked at her with remorseful expression, "Did I hurt her?" He asked.

"No." I replied, "Thanks." He said as our eyes met. Clint leaned forward and placed a kiss on my forehead. As I unfastened the restraints.

"Tasha, how many agents?" He asked as I rested my hand on his face, "Don't. Don't do that to yourself, Clint." I quickly replied as he leaned to my touch.

"This is Loki. This is monsters and magic and nothing we were ever trained for. And he's our soulmate." I added, "Loki, he got away?" He asked, "He surrendered, but the scepter was stolen. Turns out he was also under the influence of the stone inside the scepter." I replied.

"Let me guess. She freed him too?" He asked and looked at Rivia, smiling as my eyes found the sleeping Rivia, "Yes. She's... beautiful and has some powers." I replied as Clint looked at me, confusion prominent in his eyes.

"Powers?" He asked, "She freed you and Loki from the control of the scepter and she healed me." I responded as Clint nodded his head.

"Apparently, he has an army. And we gotta stop it." I said as he nodded his head, "Yeah? Who's we?" He asked and leaned his head on my shoulder.

"I don't know. Whoever's left." I replied, "Well, if I put an arrow in Loki's eye socket. I'd sleep better, I suppose." He mumbled as I chuckled.

"Now you sound like you." I teased, "But you don't. You're a spy, not a soldier. Now you want to wade into a war. Why? What did Loki do to you?" He asked, seriously.

"He didn't, I just..." I paused and looked away, Clint faced me and gently grabbed my face, "Baby." He mumbled, "I've been compromised. I got red in my ledger. I'd like to wipe it out." I answered.

Hearing someone grunt, Clint and I looked at Rivia as she was beginning to wake up.

RIVIA

Slowly opening my eyes, hearing voices, grunting and placing a hand on my head.

"зайка" turning towards the voice, seeing Nat and Clint looking at me worriedly. I reached my hand and placed it on Clint's face, "You're back." I muttered as he gave me a smile.

"Thanks to you, sunshine." He said as I looked at Nat, seeing how she bit her lips, preventing herself from crying. "Ginger, you're okay." I mumbled, "This is the second time you fainted." She said, tone slightly angry.

"How are the others? Loki?" I asked, "We're dead in the air up here. Loki is still inside his cell, but Bruce and Thor." She said as I already knew what she was pertaining to.