Chapter 14

Chilling inside the car with James, Fergus, and Ian as we patiently waited for the elderly woman to cross the street.

Rolling my eyes as we constantly hear the honk of the next car.

Peeking my head outside the window, "What is the matter with you?" I asked, causing Fergus and Ian to halt their bicker and looking at the man in the car.

"Let's go." He replied, "But there is a woman on the pedestrian sir." I answered.

"So go around her." He angrily replied, sighing as I signaled the three of them to wait inside the car.

"Where are you going?" Fergus asked as I killed the engine, unbuckled my seatbelt and opened the door.

"Just a second." I replied, "Good day, ma'am. Mind if I help you?" I asked, kindly, the woman gave me a grateful smile and nodded her head, proceeding to help the woman push her wheelchair so that she could safely cross the street.

"Thank you, darling. You're such a kind and beautiful woman." she said, and gently patted my face, "You're welcome, ma'am." I replied and the woman left.

Hearing the honk again, exhaling a breath as I noticed an axe on the fireman's truck, smirking as I walked towards it.

Grabbing the axe, "Hey, excuse me. What are you-" ignoring him as I looked at the axe.

"What are you doing?" The man asked, nervously, swinging the axe, "Woah. Woah. Hey!" He said as I pierced the tire.

Sighing as I looked at him and smiled, heading back towards the car, the fireman approached us.

Smiling at him, "You're cute." I commented, noticing a faint blush on his cheeks and hearing grunts from the three of them.

"What you did right their ma'am was not good." He said as my smile widened, "I'm helping him deflate his ego sir." I replied.

Turning on the engine, "Have a good day." I said, saluted and winked at him then left.

As I continued to drive with a smile on my face, seconds later, Fergus and Ian bursted with laughter.

"Did you see his face?" Fergus said in between his laughs, "He was petrified at what you did, Via." He added and laughed.

"I thought you were going to smash his windows." Ian said as James nodded.

"But that was a reckless act, Via." James reprimanded, sighing as I nodded my head, "I act recklessly, James." I replied and shrugged my shoulders.

While Fergus and Ian continued to laugh, James smiled and shook his head as I continued to drive towards the market.

"What's up with these? What will you make?" He asked, pointing at each ingredient I placed inside the cart.

"Mango float ." I replied, glancing at him as he furrowed his eyebrows, "Mango float?" He asked, nodding my head as I smiled.

"Mango float or Graham cake. Nanay, my grandmother, taught us how to make it." I answered, "My brother and I..." pausing as I looked down and sighed, "It became our favorite." I said and continued to find the other ingredients I needed.

"Your Nanay..." looking back at James as our eyes met, "What was she like?" He asked as I automatically smiled to his question, "My Nanay... she is a beautiful woman. Small face with warm skin tone, hazel eyes, small button nose, and pink plump lips." I replied, looking down at my shoes.