Chapter 27

Red eyes.

That was all I remember before my eyes fluttered open. Gasping for air, feeling a hand touch my arm. Letting my eyes adjust to the surrounding, smelling the familiar disinfectant and chemicals around. I was inside the infirmary. White walls surround the room, a machine monitoring my vitals at the side hearing its rhythmic beeping sound.

Groaning, feeling pain all over my body, an IV drip connected to my arm. "She's awake." slowly turning my head towards Bruce's voice, our eyes locked as he smiled at me and lightly squeezed my arm. Loki suddenly appeared beside him, looking at me worriedly and his eyes glistened with tears.

"Darling, you're awake." He softly muttered as Bruce patted his shoulder lightly. Loki gave him a smile and placed a quick kiss on his cheeks, "You did a very good job, Bruce." He praised, smiling seeing a faint blush on his cheeks.

Just wait a little longer, mi vida.

Closing my eyes and taking a deep breath as I heard his voice inside my head. My head starts to throb, whimpering, immediately gaining both their attention. "My head." I mumbled, painfully. "You have a minor concussion, Via. Don't move too much." Bruce said, voice gentle as he brushes my hair.

"It's okay, darling. You're okay." Loki whispered, feeling myself relaxed at his voice. His voice lulled my pain away. Hearing rushed footsteps. Thor, Steve, Nat, Clint, and Tony appeared at the door. "My lady." Thor said, his voice boomed inside the room.

Startled by his voice, Loki hissed and glared at him, "Will you lower your voice, oaf. She just woken from her slumber." He said, hearing Clint snicker. "Angel, I was so worried for you." Nat said, standing at the other side and softly grabbing my hand.

"Correction red. We were worried." Tony remarked as Steve shakes his head, seemingly so done with them but a small smile plastered on his face. "Thirsty." I whispered, voice raspy from the lack of liquid.

Bruce quickly took the bottle with straw and placed it in front of me, opening my mouth and sipping the liquid. A satisfied sigh escaped from me tasting the water inside my mouth – quenching my thirst. Groaning as I tried to sit, Loki helped me, placing a pillow on my back, "Careful. Slowly." He said, placing a gentle kiss on my forehead.

"I thought you and Thor were still at Asgard." I said as he smiled at me, tucking a loose strand behind my ear, "We wanted to surprise you and the others upon our arrival. But instead, we were surprised." He replied. "Father, punished Loki by staying here in Midgard." Thor added, "I don't see why that's a punishment." I said, confusingly.

"My powers here in Midgard are limited. But that's the only flaw, since I can see you every day." Loki beamed, "Great another rival for her attention." Tony commented, chuckling at what he said.

"How long did I sleep?" I asked, "Almost two months." Clint answered as my eyes widened, "What?!" I asked in which I regretted immediately feeling a sharp pain on my abdomen, hissing at the pain, "Take it easy, princess." Steve said, looking at him standing at the end of the bed.

"You should rest some more." Bruce advised, "From now on, wherever you go. You must have at least one or two of us to accompany you." Tony strictly said, "No buts, angel." Nat said, looking at me with her eyebrows raised, challenging me to oppose them.

"Tin man is right, my lady." Thor seconded, earning a look from Tony. A smile erupted from Steve and Bruce, a grin from Loki, and a smirk from Nat and Clint. "Okay, fine." I answered, defeatedly sighed, earning approval nods from them.

Hours passed as Nat and Clint left, having their own missions. Tony went back to his lab with Bruce. Thor got hungry and went to the kitchen to find his beloved pop tarts, Steve also left saying he has something to do. Knowing exactly what his plans are as his mind was screaming it, on how to find Bucky.