Chapter 32

"Mr. Rogers, you have a guest." Jarvis announced, nodding his head, Steve subtly glanced at me, smiling at him brightly instantly knowing what he meant.

"Can I come?" I asked, Steve smiled and nodded, offering his hand, placing mine to his, he softly dragged me up and intertwined our hands, "Be right back." He said, earning nods from everyone.

"I met someone who can help us find Bucky." He started, "You sure you don't want them to know?" I asked, Steve sighed, "Not yet. Until we find him. I'll let them know once we find enough information where he is." He answered, nodding my head, lifting our joined hands and placing a kiss on the back of his hand.

"Everything will be fine. You have us, Steve." I said, softly, Steve smiled at me and caressed my face, "Okay." He mumbled, humming as I leaned to his touch.

Arriving at the drawing room, a man facing his back on us, sitting comfortably on the couch, "Sam." Steve called, the man turned his head and a smile plastered on his face.

"Captain." He replied, Steve chuckled and went to him, Sam stood up, "Via, this is Sam. Sam, Via, my soulmate." Steve said, smiling at him and politely shook his hand, "Pleasure meeting you, ma'am." He said, "You too." I replied.

"She knows?" He asked, Steve nodded his head, "She investigated it first." Steve replied, Sam nodded his head, the three of us took a seat and they began talking about Bucky.

"Winter Soldier?" A voice asked, the three of us turned, a little startled at the sudden unknown presence. Biting my lips seeing it was Nat, "What about him?" She added, raising her eyebrow and looking at each one of us.

Slowly strutting towards us, Nat sat beside me, giving me a glance and nod before looking at the two men sitting in front of us.

"Continue." She commanded, Steve heaved a sigh and nodded at Sam to continue, "HYDRA has been keeping him alive by this thing called cryostasis." Sam continued.

"Basically, an ice coffin." I commented, Nat leaned her head on my shoulder, immediately adjusting my position so that she can be more comfortable.

"Just like what happened to you Steve. But HYDRA found him, they let him hibernate and only woke him up when they needed to dispose of someone." I said, the three of them looked at me with wide eyes.

"What? I told you, I've been looking for him these past months." I added, "Secretly? Without telling one of us?" Steve asked, humming and nodding my head as my answer.

"Why are you finding a criminal? Did he do something to you?" Nat asked, worriedly, "No, but he's our soulmate." I replied, Nat immediately went silent hearing my answer.

"Most of the intelligence community doesn't believe he exists. The ones that do call him the Winter Soldier. He's credited for over two dozen assassinations in the last 50 years." Nat started, furrowing my eyebrows hearing what she said, "So he's a ghost story." Steve replied, my eyes momentarily widened realizing they were saying their dialogues in the movie Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

"Years ago, I was escorting a nuclear engineer out of Iran, somebody shot at my tires near Odessa. We lost control, went straight over a cliff, I pulled us out, but the Winter Soldier was there. I was covering my engineer, so he shot him straight through me." Nat added and lifted her shirt, showing us the scar of a bullet wound on her stomach.

"Can you describe him?" Sam asked, "He's fast. Strong. Had a metal arm." Nat replied. "A Soviet slug, no rifling. Bye-bye bikinis." Nat continued.

"Yeah, I bet you look terrible in them now." Steve sarcastically countered, "Going after him is a dead end. I know, I've tried. Like you said, he's a ghost story." Nat answered, "But, I already have information about him." I said.