Chapter.2

Chapter two: Strangers

Rain Winters

I stared at my pale sickly reflection, it disgusted me honestly. New addictions of bruises decorated my lower abdomen and back. They always made sure not to hit the visible parts of my body.

I always told myself that they didn't mean to. It was just a stress of the moment thing.

Last night father had lost his temper and I end up with fresh new bruises. It's been three days since I over heard their conversation.

I haven't been able to get proper sleep therefore dark bags decorated my eyes.

Whenever father was drunk lately mother was protecting me from him or atleast tried, it was weird but I didn't dare question it. However mother was not here yesterday and the events took a turn.

Carefully approaching the door, I leaned in and pressed my ear to the cracked wooded door and listened in if anyone was there or not. But there was nothing but silence lingering in the run down house.

I realeased a breath I didn't know I was holding as I desenced the stairs, each one making a creaking noise.

As I got downstairs both my parents were up and about. I was startled, no rather I was scared.

"Good morning." I said bearly in a whisper. Mother gave me a strange look before pulling me close and examining my face.

"Have you not been getting enough sleep?" She questioned. I hissed in pain as her hand rested on my back.

Her and father had some sort of a eye conversation. And without them both noticing I bolted out the door and started the dreadful day that awaited me.

On this particular day I had no classes whatsoever I was going to spend the day at the Home.

........

"Mrs Addams, is there anything else you'd like me to do?"

"Nothing dear, you may be excused for the day." The old lady I worked for said.

My work was nothing fancy and it wasn't really work either. I just helped at the nearby old age home, when ever I had free time which was everyday.

Sure they didn't pay me but once in awhile the old people would give me money.

The walk to my home was painful and slow, but as I got closer the more uneasy I felt. It doesn't even deserve the title home.

As I got closer, I saw four black SUVs surrounding the place. A thought came to mind the I must turn away and leave but I had nowhere to go.

Had it been my parents friends? No. I don't think they can afford those, no offence.

A few minutes later several men came out and the SUVs drove off.

Please please may they be both sober. I silently prayed.

I open the front door as quietly as I can and keep my head down. I catch a glimpse of expensive alcohol on the coffee table in the living room. Oh god not again.

Nevermind dinner I already had lunch, I made my way quickly to my room, I didn't want to get a beating like yesteday, plus my wounds were still healing.

Later that night I woke up to someone stroking my hair. The faint smell of alcohol gave it away.

It was father. I froze under his touch, there's nothing I hated more than his touch but his still my father so it's okay, it's fine.

I tried to convince, but clearly everything wasn't.