Chapter. 14

Chapter fourteen: Shockers

Rain Moretti

It was currently noon and I walking back to Mrs Addams house. I watched as the sun slowly set, it was a bit windy and I pulled my blue cardigan sweater tighter.

It had been a week since I left Angelo. Part of me felt guilty and the other told me I had escaped easily from the devil.

When I walked into the little garden that lead to the backdoor, the silence around the house was alarming.

Usually Mrs Addams would be out and about either drinking tea while watching the sunset or watering the flowers.

Yes it was getting colder by the day as was winter approaching but no matter how many times I had told Mrs Addams to stay inside, she would ignore me and my protests.

During this week I'd like to believe she and I have become closer then we were. Sure we worked together but, now it feels like we have our own personal bond. She's like the woman figure I never had besides my absent sisters.

I stepped inside the small kitchen and switched on the lights, from the living room I could hear two people laughing and one of them sounded like Mrs Addams. 

I followed the sounds of the laughter into the living room and stopped dead in my tracks when I saw who had Mrs Addams company.

"A-n-ngelo?" I said in bearly a whisper, both two pairs of eyes turned to look at me.

He was wearing his usual attire which consisted of black as always.

"Ah.. Rain you're back. We were waiting for you." Mrs Addams said with a wrinkled smile.

"What is he doing here?" I said pointing my finger at Angelo.

I must say his aura didn't give me good vibes and I'm sure his intentions were also not good.

"Now amore we don't greet our guests like do we?" He spoke with a small smirk dancing on his face.

"Your friend over here just wanted to make sure you are safe dear nothing more." Mrs Addams responded to my earlier question.

The small living room that was filled with laughter mintues ago was now filled with suffocating tension.

Mrs Addams glanced between Angelo and I, then came next to me and whispered

"Just give the guy chance, I'm sure he only has good intentions." Before leaving to the garden.

"I don't have time, go pack. I'm taking you back home." Angelo said while looking at his silver rollex.

"No! I'm not going anywhere."

He glared at me hard and I could see small bags start to form under his eyes, if only you looked closely could you see them.

"I'm not asking you, I'm telling you."

"And I said no. You can't force me to do something I don't want to do." I said as I folded my arms. 

He stood up from the couch he was sitting on. Since the living room here was very tiny, it didn't take him long to be standing right in front of me.

"Rain don't test me, go now or there will be consequences."

"What consequences?" I had to ask because what he said made me uneasy yet again.

"Trust me Tesoro you wouldn't want to know, now let's go home."

"That place is not my home."

He let out a very sadist chuckle.

"Then where's your home? Tell me. Correct me if I'm wrong Rain but you don't have a home."

Ouch I must say that hit home, he was right. I didn't have a home, I went to look for my parents sometime during the week and discovered they sold the house and left the country.

To make matters worse I didn't even know where Heather was located, so basically the only person I had was him. I couldn't include Mrs Addams because she's old and her children might want her back soon.

My heart was beating rapidly and I could feel tears well up, but I didn't want to cry infront of him. He'd think I'm weak and pathetic, which wasn't lies.

I didn't notice when Angelo had pulled me in his arms and tightened his hold around me while the tears rolled down my face.

"Oh I'm sorry kids I didn't see you there." Mrs Addams said coming from her bedroom. How long has she standing there?

I pulled away from him and wiped the tears away from my now red puffy face. Yeah I'm very sensitive people, I'm too quick to cry.

"Now Nancy I'll be taking my wife back home." Angelo informed Mrs Addams.

Since when are they on first  name basis?

"Oh good." She said winking.

"Wait, but I never said I'm going back." I could feel Angelo's hard glare on me again as I said that.

Mrs Addams laughed a little.

"You don't have a choice dear child."

From the corner of my eyes I could see Angelo smirking. What was happening? Did they know each other?

"Actually I do have a choice and I'm not going back." I said firmly.

"When it comes to the Mafia I don't think anyone has a choice Rain. You married to the Don now, so that means you have a target on back 24/7." Mrs Addams told me with a serious tone, which was a first.

"In other words Rain or rather should I say Donna? Welcome to Mafia."

I paled, Mrs Addams was part of the mafia. Oh gawd no! An old lady like her.

Vote and comment 🌻

I hope it's not late to say Happy New Year✨🙈